Thursday, February 24, 2011

AP's Baptism


"I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you." Genesis 17:7

This past Sunday our little Bean was baptized.


(Judging from the above photo, it may have also been the worst day of J's life.)

Oh wait, here's a smile... but, AP isn't looking. I think this is going to be standard for family pictures for a while.


We were so blessed to have our family there, although we missed those unable to come.  Thank you for your support and for celebrating with us.


The little Bean looked so beautiful.  (More on her dress tomorrow.)



NINJA!

I know that many of you are unfamiliar with the concept of infant baptism.

We in no way believe that this is a condition to salvation, rather we believe it is a blessing and a sign of God's covenants with us and grace poured out on us.


A sacrament that will one day help explain to AP that God knew and loved her from the beginning.  That she has the promise of salvation through grace by believing in Jesus Christ, and that promise was sealed at her baptism.


As parents, we pray towards the day that she can profess faith, because we have faith in Christ's work.


Will, our pastor, reminded us that we are no more capable of salvation than an infant.  We all look to Christ "with humble reliance" to fulfill His work of grace in our hearts.


What a comfort to us as parents (as people). 

Yes, J is holding a pen and bulletin. Trust me, we weren't making it without them
"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life." Titus 3:4-7

We thank God for our precious children, may they always know Him.

(You can read about J's baptism here.)

Special thank you to my Dad and Whitney for taking pictures (although, I'm not used to BEING in so many pictures)! Whitney is extremely talented- check out her videography website here.

5 comments:

  1. Precious reminder of God's pursuing love for us! And His faithfulness in our lives! Such great pictures -- You look fantastic! Love the make up. Can you help me with mine??!?! Beautiful children (and parents)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! J is thinking in the first photo, "Been there...done that." Such a nonchalance look. LOL AP looked lovely and did so well during the ceremony. J with the pen and the bulletin...Linton and I guilty as charged. Sorry about that! Let's just say he was prepared to take notes during the sermon? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great being able to be there. Dad and I are so proud of you Lindsay and your sweet family. Loved your text...made me cry. Can never get enough of those babies. To God be the glory always! xoxo mom and dad
    PS I saw J taking notes...good he had that pen and paper! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay - hot mama. You look gorgeous. I love your dress and make up.

    I'm glad it was such a special day. Infant baptism rocks! That's all I have the energy to say. I wish I could write something more profound than that right now, but I just cant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I am crying!!! This is so sweet. Wish I could have been there! You look AMAZING, AP is a doll in that dress - what a wonderful day for you. So happy for you & your family!

    ReplyDelete