Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pixar with special guest Thomas the Train

Friday night we celebrated J's 2nd birthday with a family dinner. 



It's all about Monsters Inc, Toy Story, Cars, and Thomas right now, so they all joined in on the fun.




The Roosta opened presents and blew out his candles like a champ. The rest of us cheered him on and ate like champs.
















And yes, Cars was the first thing he opened, and it is playing in the background.

Beaners was all dolled up for the occasion.



 After presents we had a little "Mike the monster" cookie contest...









"Mikes"


The winners. 1st place on the right, by Momo and Aunt Glynice. Runner up on the left, by Uncle Chris.


As you can see we partied late into the night. Well, till 7:30 or so. The night ended with Toy Story and a sugar bedtime crash. Success!


Thank you, everyone, for coming and celebrating our J!

More to follow on the food, my parents visit and AP's baptism... 

Busy weekend, forgive me if my commentary is lacking!

7 comments:

  1. Love the cookie contest idea! I will be stealing that for future use....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday J -- I love his sheer joy in his party. And I agree about the contest. What a spectacular idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart Pixar. I heart J. I heart those Monster Mike Cookies. Such great memories -- How has it been 2 years??

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome party....I can't believe J is 2?!? tear. Great idea with the cookie contest! Looks like he enjoyed every minute of it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE the photo of Grammie Sue and AP! A couple of beautiful blondes! It was truly the best b'day party I've ever attended. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the party! Looking back at the pic of all of our cookies...mine looks a girl mike, with bows in her/his hair...It's the bottom middle one :) oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun. I love and am cracked up at the Pixar film theme for all the gifts and party activities. He's a boy after my own heart (or Stephen Small's heart).

    The guest of honor looks like he had a ball!
    Cookie contest - great idea. I'll have to file that away for one of my kiddos parties.

    Also, AP gets cuter every post - and I did not know that was possible!!!

    Glad the party was a success.

    ReplyDelete