I'm sure most of you have heard about the horrible poisoning of our beloved Toomer's Corner trees. I have a lot of words running through my brain for this guy... but, I'll settle on typing only this: He certainly does not understand what it means to be an SEC fan, so I don't think we should give him the honor of calling him one.
"I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.
I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities"
I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities"
-George Petrie, selection from the Auburn Creed (1945)
Don't believe for a second that this hindered the Auburn spirit. War Eagle!

What a precious picture of the J-ster being held up in front of that tree. Precious.
ReplyDeleteIt's tragic.
I know it is so sad. But what a great post. As I told Taylor, "What a season for those trees to go out on!" War Eagle!!!
ReplyDelete