Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Roosta and the Bean

How do you feel about the title of this post being the new blog title? 

The Roosta has been in a fun little phase. The imagination is starting to take over, mimicking everything. Pretending to feed his toys, pretending to sleep.  I do wish he wouldn't pretend with real yogurt, but it's a small price to pay.

Maggie has been benefiting. Why else would a cat curl up with a toddler? Why, only to read The Happy Man and His Dump Truck or Find the Duck.   

(excuse the lighting, it was late so I used the flash)




J has also used his imagination to turn everything into a photo op.  He lines up his toys (or gives Bean a prop) and instructs them to "say cheese".


Here J is pictured with his entourage. Green blanket, green monkey blanket, and Mike the Monster. He tried to add a green towel the other day, but I put my foot down. Okay, I caved for THAT nap, but then I put it away...
 


Sometimes I let him help me take pictures with my camera. Here is what happens when I don't:


And, here is what I get when I ask him "to sit by his sister so that he can be in the camera, too."

It cracks me up, he appears to be trying to fit himself in the frame, while dealing with a serious misunderstanding of depth perception.


As for the Bean, she is chewing on everything in sight.  Must be teething.  Don't you love how teething explains everything? Fever. Putting things in mouth. Red cheeks. Fussiness. Waking up early. The list goes on.

Some days I'd like to tell everyone I'm teething.








These are not even the cute bumbo pictures.  I'm saving those for tomorrow, One Word Wednesday.  I think I'm going to make that a "thing".  I know most people do Wordless Wednesdays, but, I am far too long-winded to not say anything.

Oh, and yes, my mom made that adorable hat from last week's post!

9 comments:

  1. I've never seen J have an expression like the one for when he wants your camera. Glad you caught him in the act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with a toy in her mouth, she looks like she's posing for the camera. Maybe she's just THAT cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg. the green obsession. the cat reading about the dump truck. the pictures and your commentary. i am loving "the roosta and the bean!" (it has a nice ring to it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, seriously? AP is the most beautiful little girl ever!!! And I hardly recognize J, he's getting so grown. I need to see his little face soon - is he still in the One's? So, so sweet. Always love your posts. And I am most definitely going to start telling people I'm teething anytime I'm grouchy. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Roosta and the Bean...sounds like a cute title for a children's book.

    Love the one of J trying to fit in the frame. Oh their little minds are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "some days i'd like to tell everyone i'm teething" made me laugh so so so so so hard. me too, sister.
    j trying to fit in the frame is hilarious.
    love the potential new name!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Roosta and the Bean is good and then when the Peanut and the Cucumber come along, you can add those...ha ha mother...very funny.

    It's a great name for your blog. Ohhh I miss those babies so much. Bean's eyes look very blue in these photos...J is amazing. Only two more weeks? xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures. Think the title is great, and you make me laugh! And, although I never responded to your question a few days ago, I think a duplex is a great idea! Please ignore when you hear me screaming at my children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog post! Maggie just loves J, doesn't she? I think that was a time when green was M's favorite color too. :) I love how J imitates you with his "camera." AP is just beautiful and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete