Thursday, June 4, 2009

What's the dealio?

Do electronics self destruct after 5 years?  WHY is our camera (yes, it is "just a point and shoot", but it's a nice point and shoot) doing this:

DSC04223

You may also be wondering why our infant is on the kitchen counter, but that was yesterday's post.  M immediately thought I had accidentally messed with the settings (and normally, he'd be right), but after consulting the manual even the electronics genie admitted that all the settings are normal.  Obviously there is an over-exposure issue, possibly related to a broken shutter?  If we change it to one of the faster shutter speed settings with no flash we get this result:

DSC04208

DSC04213

Yes, yes, grandparents, still adorable... but, I could get better quality with a disposable.  I am currently saving up for a DSLR, but I was really wanting our little digital to make it another year, and then keep it handy in my purse (ok, diaper bag).  Anyone familiar with this problem?  Advice?  At the very least Sony will be receiving a call this afternoon from a panicked mother who just missed capturing some invaluable moment.  J's baptism is this Sunday, and we can't have that memory looking like a film negative.

Furthermore, who will be interested in recipes when our dinner looks like this:

DSC04222

5 comments:

  1. The nightmare that is electronics and technology...I could rant for days. Our (nice) computer "eats" some valuable part, making it useless. All I have is a blacked out screen. We've only had it a year and a half. Sorry for your camera loss. I feel your pain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm with SB, electronics will make even the most even tempered person crazy. I think there is something imbedded in them to make them malfunction after so much use. I'm so sorry about the pics, hopefully Sony will just send you a new one after you rant to their tech people (probably in Indonesia)...so that you can document the baptism. Ok, and whatever food was on your plate in one of those pics...despite the overexposure I bet it was worth a recipe post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be happy to let you borrow our camera if you'd like! We can pass it on to you at the pool party Saturday or before the service Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're absolutely right. JM looked just great in pink...fuzzed out and wrapped up in a dull green blankie! The food...well, I like pink honey, but not on salad..Just bite the bullet and buy your new camera!
    (Sage advice from mom) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, I hope it's the battery- I'm going to try that.

    ReplyDelete