Monday, June 22, 2009

Fish Fry

This past Saturday was a Fish Fry wedding shower for M's brother, Chris, and his fiance, Mary Lindsey.  M played in a golf scramble for his company that morning, and we loaded up J (with 5 full bags for 3 hrs) and headed to the lake that evening for the party.

The bride and groom were relaxed and as gracious as ever.  Mary Lindsey has been a part of the family as long as I have, so it is exciting that she'll be an official sister in just a few weeks.

As an added bonus, our close friends (as well as both of our former college roommates- a hugely successful set up by myself and M, although to be fair they didn't need any help after the initial meeting) came down from Memphis to celebrate with Chris and Mary Lindsey.  Joseph and Nell stayed with us Saturday night, but, even with staying up too late talking the visit was way too short.  Good thing we'll be at the beach with them on the 5th!

J was a hit and enjoyed meeting more people and seeing family, tolerating missing his nap very well.

(Please bare with me on the photos, especially the lighting/coloring... I am still very much learning!  Thankfully, Ashley was able to give me a few quick pointers.  I hope to get a longer tutorial at the wedding!)

Uncle Chris and Aunt-to-be Mary Lindsey

DSC_0709

Brothers

DSC_0719

Family shot

DSC_0722

Chris & ML greeting

DSC_0734

DSC_0736

J's great aunt Glynice (and party hostess)

DSC_0729

1st cousin once removed, Mallory (we looked it up)

DSC_0737

"Uncle" Joe and "Aunt" Nell (by the way, this is adorable.  I'm considering photoshopping our faces in)

DSC_0755

Gentry and "N" kids

DSC_0762

All the Gentrys and "N"s

DSC_0765

Can't wait for the big day on July 11th!

2 comments:

  1. Too much fun! I love all the parties that surround wedding festivities. J seems like a really happy baby! You look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] M will be spending the weekend with his college roommates and friends, coincidentally at Joseph and Nell’s house (but I’ve already told that story). So these guys (forgive the [...]

    ReplyDelete