Honing the skills will take years and many a memory card, but I am slowly learning about adjusting the aperture to create bokeh (I really wanted to use both my new vocabulary words in a sentence, I used to call it: "that cool thing where the background is blurry"). Now, how that all relates to the shutter speed, lighting, mm of the lens, ISO sensitivity and exposure makes my brain hurt. One thing at a time, I need clear days and still subjects!

Manual setting will be my Everest for a while, but I managed to get one okay photo once I figured out what on earth the ISO was... (and I went in the other room with more light so I could use a faster shutter, is that cheating? I'm okay with it if it is).

Of course this fella will always be my favorite to snap... even if he is a bit wiggly.


The wiggles make for good practice, though... here the shutter is too slow, and I'm not focused on J...


Clear... but, now the lighting lost it's warmth... but, what a couple of cuties! :)

Oh, Lady. Leave us all alone.

The flower buds with the fuzzy background is a prize winner...very nice. I like the wiggly boy the best! xo
ReplyDelete[...] bare with me on the photos, especially the lighting/coloring… I am still very much learning! Thankfully, Ashley was able to give me a few quick pointers. I hope to get a longer tutorial [...]
ReplyDelete