I am generally a morning person, and I have genuinely been enjoying my time at work. M and I are confident that our decision has been confirmed, and we are grateful for my part-time schedule. But, as we all well know, great situations do not bring about an endless state of contentment or happiness. This morning I woke up feeling unrested, under the weather, and unexcited about a day at work away from J. Sitting at my desk I decided I would need to make a choice about what kind of day I would have. Immediately the hymn, Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul, came to mind. While I still feel under-caffeinated, the lyrics to this beautiful song put me at peace. No one feels on all the time, so if it's an off day, I hope you are encouraged by these words as well.
Dear Refuge of My Weary Soul
1. Dear refuge of my weary soul,
On Thee, when sorrows rise
On Thee, when waves of trouble roll,
My fainting hope relies
To Thee I tell each rising grief,
For Thou alone canst heal
Thy Word can bring a sweet relief,
For every pain I feel
2. But oh! When gloomy doubts prevail,
I fear to call Thee mine
The springs of comfort seem to fail,
And all my hopes decline
Yet gracious God, where shall I flee?
Thou art my only trust
And still my soul would cleave to Thee
Though prostrate in the dust
3. Hast Thou not bid me seek Thy face,
And shall I seek in vain?
And can the ear of sovereign grace,
Be deaf when I complain?
No still the ear of sovereign grace,
Attends the mourner's prayer
Oh may I ever find access,
To breathe my sorrows there
4. Thy mercy seat is open still,
Here let my soul retreat
With humble hope attend Thy will,
And wait beneath Thy feet,
Thy mercy seat is open still,
Here let my soul retreat
With humble hope attend Thy will,
And wait beneath Thy feet
©1998, Kevin Twit Music.
(thanks to http://www.igracemusic.com/hymnbook/hymns/d02.html for lyrics)
Halloween Build-A-Bears!
3 years ago

Thanks for the honest remarks...love the song. Love and prayers, mum
ReplyDeleteThank you, how did you know I also needed that? Hope your day is better! At least you know J has a smile waiting just for you!
ReplyDelete