Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things to Come...

I realized I haven't blogged in a while. It's not because we've been doing nothing- it's because it feels like we've been doing everything!

This past weekend M built, like from pieces of wood and stuff, a "media center". The x-box turned into "needing a larger TV" (I love TV, no complaints here), which lead to needing something to put the TV on... and so on. Truthfully, we've had a TV and furniture on our radar for a while. Our current TV is on an end table of sorts.

Here's the inspiration. Someday when we have more space M will probably build the side towers/bookshelves.

Pottery Barn Logan
Right now M is finishing up the doors while I do the painting and sanding, painting and sanding.  More details to come when it is complete.  For now I will say that I think hobbies are good for the soul. M really made it, but I enjoy doing the putty, sanding, finishing and being an extra pair of hands, so we can semi make it together.  

M's collection of frightening power tools is growing, so I hope there will be more pieces to come.

We have also been doing major spring cleaning-out for our garage sale with Chris and Mary Lindsey this Saturday.  It is worth noting that so far M thinks that nothing we are selling is worth more than four dollars. ("I guess we'll put like 3 dollars on that grill")  I will be pricing things. Come by if you need any once-worn bridesmaid dresses.

This very moment I am preoccupied with my excitement over taking a little road trip to see two of my best friends and their babies! SB and Leslie, can't wait to arrive! 

Leslie, Nell, Me, SB 2007 


No one's hair looks like that now.


Nelly-Wo, our forth, you will be very missed. I may bring your picture on a pop-sickle stick. But, fortunately M and I will be road tripping again to see Nell & Joseph for Ruthie's wedding and my birthday weekend. Woo!

Throw in work, two babies and keeping cheerios off the floor, and it's busy, busy. Chop, chop.

Back soon with pictures...

2 comments:

  1. I will be there in popsicle stick presence. I wish I could videotape myself teaching for my students and zip down to see y'all! In other news - M is so handy and talented! I can't wait to see the finished product. LOL at the evolution of our hairstyles. Ah, to be that tan again....2+ weeks til I see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that picture doesn't even look like us anymore...wow! agree with Nell, M is so handy. maybe he'll just build your next house. ha. can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete