There are my excuses. Here is the interesting part: pictures from our wonderful weekend with Uncle Chris and Aunt Mary Lindsey.
We arrived on Saturday, ate lunch at Mamma G's (mamma's love & cool ranch dorito nachos. mmmmmmm.) Then we walked around campus, which has changed drastically even in the 3 years since M and I moved.

J was pretty interested in what Uncle Chris and Aunt Mary Lindsey were up to...

I know it hasn't been that long ago, but it was easy to get sentimental. When M and I were engaged, and for the year we were in Auburn after we were married, I worked as a secretary at the Glanton House. Not the most glamorous job, but it was perfect for our circumstances while M was in grad school. Looking back, it's just another puzzle piece of God's faithfulness to us. Every day M would walk over and we would eat lunch on this bench. Turkey sandwiches on white with Wheat Thins.

And here is where Aunt Miss Auburn became, Miss Auburn. (side note- Mary Lindsey is the most humble, down-to-earth person, she would never bring up her reigning days at Auburn in a bragging manner. Which is why I absolutely love to.)

Now for the series of Samford Lawn pictures...





I love Auburn so much.

I'm pretty sure that's what he's thinking.
In this one he's probably thinking more about how fun it is to poke eyes...



Toomer's Corner... Roosta is starting to get impatient. Nap time was 10 minutes ago...


See the pattern? Picture with Dad. Picture with Mom. All 3 of us. The 5 of us. Throw J in the air make him smile. Move locations. Repeat.
Maybe we did use a whole memory card. Maybe I still have more pictures and I'll do another post tomorrow... after all, I haven't even shown our stop by Farm House (M's fraternity) OR the Barn House yet (the house I lived in with all these girls, this crazy cat and one more that is sans blog). Farms and barns, yet neither one of us were involved in agriculture.
Thanks to Chris and Mary Lindsey for letting us take over your apartment and walking around with us, snapping away.

His fleece! His tongue! I am loving these pictures! And you have totally gotten me even more excited about our weekend in Auburn coming up! I hope your busy life slows down sometime soon so you can come visit me! Have a great weekend. Happy Halloween!! Is J dressing up?
ReplyDeletenelly, i was going to say the EXACT same thing about the fleece and tongue! Can't wait for more pictures! And I want to see the monkey costume!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have a strong urge to start spinning. But with boot camp, half then full marathon training, and the workouts I have to do on my own to stay on top of it, I have neither the time nor the $ to start. But maybe one day.....
These are the BEST pictures! You guys are the cutest family. I love them. So glad you had a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sentimental trip! And congrats on starting to teach spin. I really need to get you together with Amanda Shipman Pettus. She loved Body Attack so much that she started teaching it too!
ReplyDeleteLindsay! This is the cutest post! All the pictures look AUsome...haha I had to say it like that. And congrats on starting your class. You're going to do such a good job. Hope J is feeling better :)
ReplyDelete[...] 30, 2009 by Lindsay After we had Roosta’s picture taken on every square inch of campus, we headed over to M and Chris’ fraternity house. We showed J where Dada was on the alumni [...]
ReplyDelete[...] last weekend before going to our church’s fall festival. We were so worn out from our weekend in Auburn that we only stayed a few minutes. Crying monkeys are still cute- but probably not as much when its [...]
ReplyDelete