After a full Thursday, and in spite of the 95 degree heat (with 95% humidity) we kept up our activity level. Anna, Riley, Megan, J and myself went to the pool again, the playground, the park, the mall and we had the kids picture made together (more on that later).
Sunday morning was time for our goodbyes, which is always the hardest part. Because of the distance we really only see each other two times a year or so. It was so neat to have her meet J, and to continue to get to know Riley and Megan's budding personalities. Although Anna is 10 years older than me (to the day), and we live miles apart, we've always been extremely close. I remember watching her plane leave the runway, completely inconsolable, as she went off to school in California when I was 8 years old (and living in Australia, hardly a place she could visit in the weekends). Since then we've both had weddings, babies, jobs and moves, but our goodbyes stay the same. I suppose absence does make the heart grow fonder, but I'd settle for less fondness (not likely) if we could just live in even the same region.
Anna and Megan feeding the ducks
Riley...
Megan adopted the "one for you, one for me" approach
Ducks?! Where?
I can see now!
On the tire swing, whinding up the day
Why am I sweating in this thing when there is a tire swing?
We finally remembered to take a picture of all of us before we headed to the airport, but it's still on the camera. Unfortunately J was down for a nap, so maybe we can photoshop him in. Anna snapped a few at the pool, so I'll have to show J in all his swimming gear glory when I get it.
Thank you, Anna- for traveling hundreds of miles with 2 young children, a car seat, stroller and a special blankie. J is already crazy about you. Counting down until we can get together again.

I hate goodbyes...I almost cried reading this. I know y'all had a great time. And I still can't believe you and Anna have the same birthday!
ReplyDelete