Thursday, December 10, 2009

Flying Southwest

Sorry for the blogging break!  December has been non-stop so far.

This past week/weekend, J and I traveled to Grammy Sue and Grandpa Jay's house in Arizona.  Traveling with a "lap infant" has its challenges, but seeing my parents see J was well worth the extra baggage.  Our time together brought about many firsts for Roosta.

First airplane ride...

My thoughts on flying with 10 month old?  Well, we made it.  J actually did do great, but 4 hours is a long time to sit still.  Ironically, he was no where near the loudest baby on the flight. Consequently, I've never been so glad to get off a plane, and my grand plans of taking J's picture in the cockpit (like super-mom and blogger, Darby) went out the door. Oh well. On the way home exhaustion was on our side (as well as the wind, resulting in a shorter flight and the preservation of my sanity) and J slept from runway to decent.



We were doubly happy to be on this flight considering our street looked like this the day we left...



I think this was technically J's second snow.  But he was just a baby last time.

Regardless, this landscape was a refreshing change.





But, back to firsts...

First time at Grammy and Grandpa's house...





first carousel ride...

(big cat in honor of the leopards at home)





first zoo visit...

(more on that later)



and first french fry.

(which I swore he wouldn't eat yet, but I caved)



With all these firsts we wore the Roosta flat-out.





More important than all the firsts in the world- J got to play with his grandparents.  It is was so special for me to watch them get to know J more.  I enjoyed hearing about his budding little personality through their eyes.

Silly was the word that seemed to come up a lot. We like silly.





I also had the opportunity to introduce J to my childhood friend, Jaya.  We lived across the street from each other (in Arizona) and played almost daily when we were little.  Now approximately 18 years and 4 moves later (for me), Jaya, Jeevan (her brother) and Steven, Jaya's husband, are meeting J.



(sorry for the dark photo)

Of course all good trips must come to an end. After all, we had an M and Dada to get home to.  A few quick pictures by the tree and J and I rode the jet stream home.







Thank you, Grammy and Grandpa! We hope to see you very soon.

9 comments:

  1. So sweet! Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an INCREDIBLE time...thanks for the HUGE effort it took to get here L and J! We love you!!! We miss you already! xoxo GJ and GS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog entry and photos! Your mom and dad are LOOKING GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely precious! Retirement looks good on your parents :) J is getting so big and stinking cute....must.see.you.soon. Also, he and G can wear their matching vests...they'll look cool. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of your mom holding a sleepy head J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sleeping pictures are precious! I'm glad you had a good trip. Great desert pics too! So how long did you live in AZ? And how long did you live in MS?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! It looks like a great trip. Your sweet parents look like they are on top of the world with him. I feel you pain with the busy-ness of December...Enjoy the rest of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] 15, 2009 by Lindsay A few days into our trip the Arizona sun finally came through. We immediately loaded up the car and drove up to the Phoenix [...]

    ReplyDelete
  9. [...] we were able to spend Christmas with my entire family last year, and that J and I made a wonderful trip to Arizona just a few weeks [...]

    ReplyDelete