Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bring Your Roosta to Work Day

I have the best boss.  Seriously, the best.  We recently had a pot-luck lunch to celebrate the holidays and J was invited to share in the fun (read: smear macaroni and cheese gleefully in his hair).  Instead of having to take J home (i.e. not get paid) for the rest of the day, my boss brought a mat to my office so that Roosta could nap and play.  I didn't even ask, she just actually lives out the phrase, 'family first'.  I would hug her everyday if it wasn't an HR rule violation.

We had a good time that afternoon.

(Please excuse the fact that my office is not decorated or personalized one bit. It's on my to-do list. Right after I learn to knit.)

Spinning around...



taking care of business...



listening to some tunes on the "boom box" when it got too quiet (because in my office it's 1994).



That nap didn't ever happen...



helping me type was much more enticing.



Wish I felt this elated at work (or ever).

The excitement lasted all the way to the car, followed by a 2.5 hour nap.

Work is exhausting.

6 comments:

  1. Ha...he _never_ stays still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why you like to stay home right? haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like your boss is even cooler than Michael Scott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roosta is always on the move! What a sweet boss! Michael Scott would not tolerate J's baby talk ("Andy have a boo boo tummy.")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roosta is always on the move! What a sweet boss! Michael Scott would not tolerate J's baby talk ("Andy have a boo boo tummy.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He'll have to go with me to school one day! He'd have lots of computers to type and lots of kids to play with him.

    ReplyDelete