Tuesday, December 1, 2009

With a Grateful Heart

Thursday, M, J and I packed up what felt like most of our belongings to spend Thanksgiving with M's family.

Gorgeous day.



Somebody was lookin' handsome.





J had a great time watching the every move of his 2nd cousin, Erin...

(She's a doll)



looking out the window for Jack...



(this guy)



and pushing his lawn mower over every surface.



After lunch we stepped outside for some family pictures.

Here is M's extended family squinting in the sun- sorry guys, I'll figure out that whole "light thing" sometime.



Our post-turkey walk combined with dusk and my in-law's beautiful neighborhood made for some great manual mode practice.  I'll get there...

I love this one of J and M, it captures the everyday expressions they have on when they're together.



Momo & Popo





Chris and Mary Lindsey arrived after our walk.  M and I always have a great time with them.  You'll have to take my word for it because I didn't get any pictures.

Friday morning we lounged- mostly in our PJs- which is the reason I only have photos (that I am allowed to post) of Roosta.





Look at those eyes! I love my baby. I could go on. Maybe just one more...



And finally, Friday afternoon we watched the Iron Bowl.  J enjoyed it snuggled up with M and Mr. Nanners.  Until the first touchdown when we all hollered and spooked him.  He got resettled, and then we did it again.  Emotions are right at the surface when it's nap time.

My parents always tell the story of my Dad watching the 49-ers when I was a baby.  Dad jumped up and yelled, "NO!" (I'm pretty sure that's what he said) and I started crying, startled by my mild-mannered father erupting in the living room. Sports and babies is a risky game.

I'm not sure if the 49-ers regained my Dad's approval that day, but for this particular Iron Bowl (despite the outcome) we all felt very justified in saying, WAR EAGLE!



Happy Thanksgiving, from our family to your's!



    They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
    Psalm 145:7

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! There are many things I could mention that caused me to be overcome with cuteness...the fleece, his eyes, the lawn mower, Jack, J watching Jack, the hat. Such beautiful pictures...teach me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like y'all had a great day. excellent photography. beautiful lighting and it helps when you have cute subjects like J. i like his neutral color hat and little collared shirt.

    i was beginning to worry about you since you had not posted in a week. i did the same thing, just busy with the holiday. amazing how dependent i am on blogs for my news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So J reacted to the football outbursts too! What a kick. He's looking quite handsome in his dress up clothes. Beaut pics.. Love the one of Jack too. xo

    ReplyDelete