Cream 2 sticks of butter and 1 cup white/1 cup brown sugar together...

Beat in 2 eggs... Add 1 tea vanilla and 1 cup peanut butter. Mmmm, I love peanut butter, can't say it enough...

Mix in 3 cups flour, 2 tea baking soda & 1/4 tea salt...

Roll the dough into balls (a little flour on your hands helps). Now for my favorite part, the little cross hatches. My hatches would have probably shown up better had I chilled my dough. But, I am just sick of chilling dough. So, I struck while the dough was warm and the baby was asleep.

The 2nd batch didn't look quite as pretty sitting there... you see, this is what happens when your husband uses the cookie sheet to make chicken fingers...

Nothing a little PAM couldn't solve. Didn't seem to harm the finished product... Bake at 375F for 8 min (or until starting to brown around the edges).

Well, almost finished product. I did promise a sandwich. Mix up some powdered sugar, peanut butter (yes more, trust me), vanilla & milk (1/2 cup pb, 4 T milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 3 cups powdered sugar to be exact). Slather it on a cooled cookie...

and viola.

Then, if you're lucky you'll have an extra Mellow Mushroom box...

because it just looks nice.
Think of it this way, peanut butter contains protein and healthy fats.
Enjoy!
Click below for full recipe
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pb
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tea salt
pb filling (1/2 cup pb, 4T milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 3 cups powdered sugar)
Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in pb and vanilla.
Sift together (I don't believe in sifting) flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into creamed mixture. Form mixture in 1" balls. Place on greased cookie sheet 2" apart. Flatten with floured fork to make "hatches". Bake at 375F for 8 minutes or until brown.

omg. put one in the mail and pour me a glass of milk.
ReplyDeleteyes drive down and we'll devour those cookies on the porch!
ReplyDeleteThank you SO MUCH for bringing these to the lake!!!
ReplyDeleteI think a couple of those would make it all right through the mail next time you bake them...xo
ReplyDeleteOh yum...I'm making some tonight. Pretty pictures!
ReplyDelete[...] the eggs… the recipe for the filling… you know, little things. So sorry! See below, or click here for the updates. The full recipe is now printed if you click at the end of the post. Happy baking! [...]
ReplyDelete