Friday, August 21, 2009

Spinach Dip Pasta

Necessity is the mother of all invention.  For dinner the other night I wanted to use: sour cream, chicken, spinach and pasta.  I did a little "googling", combined a few recipes, made some substitutions, and came out with a pretty tasty meal.  You could easily fill in a different vegetable. Next time I'd like to add in artichoke hearts and serve with toasted pita bread.

Cook up 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in olive oil, minced garlic, onion powder (or an actual onion if you have it, I did not), and S&P.  Add 10 oz of thawed, drained frozen spinach (RR says to microwave the spinach and then wring it out in a clean kitchen towel). Saute all together...

DSC_0899

Meanwhile, cook up a box of pasta to al dente (the pasta will continue to cook in the oven, no one likes their noodles all noodly). Or, in my case, combine all of your leftover boxes.

DSC_0903

Mix it all together in a greased 13x9 pan.

DSC_0904

Whisk together 3 eggs, 1 1/2 cups sour cream, 1 cup milk, 2 cups shredded cheese and S&P

DSC_0902

Stir into the pasta, chicken and spinach. Top with parmesan cheese and bake at 350F for about 35 min... Which is about how long it should take to bubble. Mine took longer, but, I doubt you'll have this problem (I imagine you will be paying attention and won't accidentally turn off the oven in the middle of baking it).

DSC_0908



Serve it up (in our case, an hour late- which explains the change in lighting), and dinner is on the table (or coffee table... just pretend you don't know that).

DSC_0911

Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. I'm doing this one sooooonnn...mmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. story of my life...finding recipes based on the ingredients i have and want to "use up." this looks great. i love spinach in pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just made a wordpress account so I could make comments on your blog...this pasta looks awesome! we might have to try it really soon too

    ReplyDelete
  4. you make leftover ingredients look so good! I'm making this one tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this over the weekend and really liked it! I was just wondering what type of cheese you used for the 2 cups of shredded cheese? I see that you topped it with parmesan. I used 2 cups of an Italian mix and then topped with parmesan. Just wondered if you used parmesan only? Your recipes are always great! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I did use Italian blend cheese- sorry, I'm horrible with details!! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, you do a great job. The pictures are very helpful. I'm so surprised I picked the right one!

    ReplyDelete