Thursday, December 2, 2010

O Christmas Tree



Yesterday I put up the tree* during nap time.  As I mentioned the other day, someday we will decorate a real tree with as much ambiance as I can muster. For now, I'll get our mostly pre-decorated fake one up as fast as possible while they sleep.

We got very wound up singing Christmas songs and looking at the tree.

I think the picture below is one of my recent favorites, not because it's perfect, but because that is so J.  Joyful.  I think you can see in his face that he really understands what's important in life.



J is fascinated with the camera, and just can't wait to sit for the picture before seeing the result. :)

So, he sat in my lap, smashed his little face up against the camera, and we took pictures.

J was particularly proud of this one. He pulled his face away from the camera and exclaimed, "BABY!", then looked at the camera preview and screamed, "BABY!".  And, repeat...



I think this one really speaks.  A daring commentary on the American tradition of excess during the holidays.



and this perspective... wow.



Ok, I think I've proven he has an eye. ;-)

I tried to hype him up about sitting down and saying "cheese" so that HE could be IN the camera.

Good enough. Yay.



If you look closely you can see some of the ornaments we made, the 2 stockings and a gingerbread man.

and, I wish these weren't so "noisy" (grainy).

J's face says love. Bean's says terror.





I JUST LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!! Off to wrap presents!

*The tree has been in my in-law's basement, and it's bigger than I remember.  Which is GREAT. I love trees. It just means that you can wait for the post where J pulls it down.

And finally, for those of you wondering WHY our little boy never wears clothes... please take note that he IS wearing a shirt. After all, it's winter.

5 comments:

  1. first thing i did was look for your newly minted ornaments!
    i wish i could reach through the screen and squeeze roosta and roostette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. until yesterday and today i had no clue you loved Christmas trees so much. learn somethin' new everyday.

    i know what you mean about loving that picture of Roosta. It captures him - and a toddler's constant motion.

    in the first picture i seriously thought AP was a baby doll. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, LOVED it as a child, I think I didn't get into it as much In high school and college because my siblings were gone. it's such a people memory holiday. Now I'm back!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is perfect. So are those kiddos. I'm a recent colored light convert, although this year we went with white cause we already had some that semi-worked in our attic(Joseph has dubbed this year our "poor man's Christmas.") I'm so impressed with the wrapped packages already there! Way ahead of the game in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is perfect! J and Bean add SO MUCH to it. They "twinkle". This weekend dad and I plan to put on the Christmas music (really, we still do) and deck the house 'cause we're havin' Christmas in AZ this year! Yay!!!! Can't wait to hug those babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete