Friday, October 8, 2010

I have to write these down...

before I forget.

*J woke up about an hour early from his nap the other day.  I gave him a few minutes to see if he'd go back to sleep. When the crying became hysterical I went in his room.  He was crawling up and down his bed frantically crying, "beebee, beebee!" J's green blanket had fallen on the floor, and sweet boy won't get out of his bed (even though he can) during "nigh-night" times.   We spent the next hour cuddled on the couch, with green blanket, watching sprout tv and eating cheerios.

*Last night we sat down to dinner, J immediately grinned, and held out his hands for us to hold and bless our food.  He then bowed his head and closed his eyes when M started praying.  Seeing that this is obviously a very impressionable time, I decided we should pray at breakfast time to start our day. J insisted on getting down from the table so he could hold AP's hand, too.


M and I have discussed recently how SWEET toddlers* (see above for proof) are. That is all, just that they are really sweet. Of course, I could also go on and on about how amazing it is to see their little thoughts, vocabularies and feelings grow more complex each day... but, there is ironing, so I'll stop at sweet. :) Can't wait to see AP's personality develop...


*I have also been thinking that J needs a new category, "Baby J" just doesn't fit anymore. Sniff.



4 comments:

  1. Sweeter than Splenda. Tears over the handholding and blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J is so obedient staying in his bed like he does! I'm so impressed! The entire post is so sweet. I loved how J wanted to hold AP's hand during the blessing. You're right...he's not a baby anymore! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great picture of him - really captures his toddler sweetness. He has changed so much in the past month - he's a BOY.

    Props to you for saying blessings before each meals. I SO need to start doing that. I forget since S eats dinner earlier than us, but really I can start doing it before every meal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another gorgeous photo of J...sweet sweet boy...xo

    ReplyDelete