Sunday, October 31, 2010

Friday to Sunday

Friday.

Ever have pants that are too small, but you just can't give them up?  J likes to practice putting on pants. He chose the bug PJs on Friday. "Find your feet!" He also put shorts on top of them, but I missed that photo op. The bug PJs have been my favorite, I'm sad to see them go.  I'm planning on taking all my "favorites" and having them made into a quilt one day. Although, we may find most of the favorites are threadbare.

What is keeping his attention? Monsters, Inc. It is always playing at our house.



Little Miss Bean has a very prominent, single blond curl on the top of her head. It's cute. Very "classic" baby.


Saturday.

Coffee and Monsters. Immediate family only on those pictures. Babies who do not sleep through the night yield mothers with bags under their eyes, especially first thing in the morning sans make up.

Then to the park.  Or, "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" as J calls it.



AP also had a fabulous time.


PSYCH!

Don't let her fool you. This is what she looked like as soon as she realized I'd laid her down in the stroller. We repeated that cycle a few times (hence the hat change, this will forever be remembered as the winter my Mom knit hats. I requested several sizes in case she moved on, creatively).



Then we braved the mall for new running shoes for J. I'm sure you'll see them soon. He loves them.

Saturday night we cheered Auburn on to a victory over Ole Miss. We were teaching J to do the symbol (is symbol the right word? Sign? Oh well, guess I exposed how much I know about the actual game of football...)


TOUCHDOWN, AUBURN!

Taken with my phone- excuse the quality.



Sunday.

Bean woke up with the chickens Sunday morning, so we made it to EARLY church.  We have always gone to the 8:30 service, but we haven't always had 2 kids.  We got in the car, looked at each other, and said, "we just did that".  I stand in awe of all of you who do that with 3+ children every week. Heck, every day for working moms.

AP looked precious. One of our sweet friends had given us this dress and I just love it.  Being a Southern transplant I never wore smocked dresses. In fact, if I remember correctly I refused to wear anything but knit clothing from a young age.  After today, I am a smocked dress fanatic.

Btw- how do you "stage" a child who cannot sit up yet, but is moving? Suggestions welcome.









and, we'll finish it off with a little snap, kick and a smile.



Tonight (Sunday) we also went trick or treating with some of J's buddies.  That deserves it's own post.  I might have taken 100 pictures... and that was after I weeded out 50 or so that were horribly blurry or just horrible.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. omg i am like, dying! i had no idea you were a smocked dress fanatic! my mom is queen of all things smocked/french hand sewn/ any other kind of sewing...im sure you have heard the story of how i came home from my 4th grade school picture in tears because i was still wearing a smocked dress. in 4th grade. FOURTH GRADE. Age 9. ridic. it was yellow with pandas on it. then my mom cried because i never wanted to wear them again. but my children will wear ONLY smocked dresses, and im sending my mom the memo to get to smocking for you! (i learned how to smock when i was 8, but havent done it in like, 10 yrs. im thinking of picking it up!)
    also, that first pic of roosta is my new fav pic of her.
    and ap is YOU. and J. and M. unreal!
    xoxoxo,
    lex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying for so many reasons. Here are a few: the curl, the touchdown "symbol", Monsters Inc., the kick, the pants. Those two are soooooo precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J's pants - lol.

    You are officially a southerner now - double name, smocked dress. That's big time!

    AP's growing like a weed.

    ReplyDelete