First, we spent the morning at the park for J's friend's 2nd birthday party. It was a costume party, but J just went as himself since the 90 degree high put a damper on his full tiger costume. AP's costume was a little more "weather ready". (Another cute hat a la my mama.)

Daddy saved her from another dreaded "basket photo shoot"
I didn't take any pictures at the party, but the party explains the GREAT nap J took. Although, Roosta was up by half time to chear on his Auburn Tigers in what I am now thinking is his lucky jersey.



Now, Bean can get a little hard-core about her football. "Hands up... And they stay there..."
Couldn't resist... the cheesy blog police can now come find me.

Uncle Chris and Aunt Minsey were there... they are great baby holders. I think for them we are great birth control.


Our new friends (and fellow Auburn grads), Taylor and Amanda, also came over. Get this- Amanda and I met THROUGH OUR BLOGS! How wonderful and creepy is that?? ;-) Through a couple brave comments we put together that we were both Auburn grads, had many mutual friends, AND lived a couple blocks over from each other. Amanda and I decided to have a "blind lunch" together... and then before you know it we are all watching the game together. I cannot believe I didn't get a picture to document this blogging success story. On the same hand, I felt like Taylor was already being really nice to "go to some people's house his wife met through a blog", so I didn't push it. :-)
Back to the game at hand.
It was a little nerve racking.

But by 6:30 we had all breathed a sigh of relief and a War Eagle! Which I have got to get J saying on video. It's pretty darn cute.
Sunday we headed outside to try to get some pictures of Roosta and Bean. Not hugely successful, but always nice to get out in such gorgeous weather.

AP watched in the shade while brother ran around.
Yes... we think she's precious, too.



And this guy gets more handsome and funnier every day.


1...2...3... GO!



Later, it was all about the sticks in the backyard.




Ok, I could go on... but, I'm cutting myself off.
Oh, and in case you were wondering... all those sideways adoring glances? All for this guy...

J has so much fun with his Dad, sometimes I think he might actually vomit from the excitement. I am a very lucky Mama.

Although, Mom, we are so over this.

Sunday afternoon Momo and Popo came to bring us lunch and visit...


Saturday afternoon was our church's Fall Festival, Hey Day. Again, too hot for the tiger costume.
But, there was a FIRETRUCK, friends, inflatables (J was still a little intimidated), and don't tell- but, we may not have mentioned the trunk or treat to J. Less to do with health, more to do with the line. AP and I were literally glued to each other via the baby sling, which is why we are not in any pictures.


(too bad I didn't seem to get the whole family in!)





Phew! What a post! What a weekend!
Maybe this weekend we'll get some Fall weather to go along with all the festivities!

Oh we had so much fun hanging out with you guys. Haha...blog friendship are wonderful and creepy! So glad we found each other! Also, I love all of AP's hats. Those are adorable!
ReplyDeleteFun times. Great pictures. AP looks like everybody - she's growing and changing so much! I want to see her in person!
ReplyDeleteI too have a blog friend - we met on a blind walk.