Not her name.
Or is it? ;-)
I fear this post will be somewhat anti-climactic for those "real" decorators out there. For me? I love baby girl's room. It is exactly what I was picturing. And, a pretty girly transformation considering I promised M "I wouldn't change a thing in the nursery if we had a girl".
There are a few more things I'd like to add down the road- an oval braided rug (if I can ever decide on one that is the right color and price), 3 B&W newborn pictures of Dos on the opposite wall from the crib... and of course the pack-n-play will be out, the car seat in the car, the lamp will be plugged in, maybe some pictures & books near the lamp... you get the idea.
You've probably also gotten the idea that J is a tornado and low lying pictures and knick-knacks don't stand a chance.
Apologies for the pictures:
1. I never got a great overall shot of the room because that would have involved changing lenses... and J needed dinner.
2. I am so not good at taking a picture of a room with a bright window. The color gets all blue, and the window is too bright... I played around with the white balance but I seemed to keep making it worse. :)
Here's the crib, gray and white polka dot bed skirt* and yellow crib sheet. (I know bumpers look nice, but we had J's on all of 2 seconds so I didn't bother.)
*NOTE: Let me take a moment to address a beef I currently have with PBK. See the bed skirt? Well, it isn't long enough with the crib raised! I tried to convince M to drop it a little lower, but he assured me that I wasn't being rational and at 3am I'd much rather be able to pick the baby up than have a perfect looking bed skirt. Even at an irritated 9 months pregnant I had to agree.
The Madeline pages...
Some of the adorable stuffed animals that have been given to Dos. The crazy owl (how cute is that?!) is from Uncle Chris.
And, of course, the beautiful quilt my Mom made...
It turned out so perfectly!
I love the backing she used, cotton chenille. Maybe she'll do her own post on it?
The walls look kinda toupe-ish in this next one, it is actually a true gray. (I would like to change the hardware out on the little chest, too.)
"And to the tiger in the zoo, Madeline just said 'pooh-pooh'"
My 50 cent garage sale find - the pillow. Under the pillow is "Lavender Blankie". My beloved blanket when I was a baby.
So, that's the room for now anyways.
I hope she likes it.
"That's all there is; there isn't any more."











I LOVE everything about it.
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is beautiful.
And your 50 cent pillow is AWESOME.
I too have beef with bed skirts for cribs in general. Once you raise or lower the bed, you have issues.
Yeah for Dos. She will feel so welcome in such a nice room.
I love that quilt fabric!!! Kind of obsessed with it!
ReplyDeleteLove it Lindsay! Can't wait for her to be here!
ReplyDeleteI really love the dress wall arrangement over the changing table. What's the story behind the dress? Was that yours when you were a baby?
ReplyDeleteYou know how I feel about the Madeline prints and the quilt your mother made. Both so awesome! Great decorating!
Oh I love every every corner of Dos' room! I love the way the sheers look too Lindsay--so cheery! It's feminine without being prissy which is perfect...LOVE it. Wonder where you got your good taste? haha xo
ReplyDeleteMadeline is a nice name...or is it? You're driving me wild. Can we change the rule on Baby Tres?
What does the back of that cute quilted pillow look like? Is it solid or quilted too? xo
Thanks, everyone! We are just so excited for her to arrive! Janice, the dress was a lucky find at a local consignment store- just thought it was sweet by the changing table. Mom, the pillow is the same on both sides.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous, gorgeous room! And she'll really never grow out of it... Way to take the non-girly-but-still-girly route. :)
ReplyDeleteOh my! It is so precious, Lindsay. I love everything about it. I am so happy your plan for the nursey has come to fruition! I really can't get over the quilt especially. I now want to go read Madeline...the tiger page is so beautiful! I hope this is a great week, and I am so excited to meet little girlie!
ReplyDeleteLindsay, it's perfect! I love the Madeline prints, the sheers, the paint color and of course, the gorgeous quilt! You did a wonderful job. Baby Girl will love it!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely LOVE it! It's so sweet - know baby girl will love it, too! Good job. Now I know who to call... :)
ReplyDelete