Monday, September 13, 2010

And then we were four

AP

September 10, 2010

6:54 am

6lbs 3oz

19"




Thursday at my (almost) 40 week appointment my doctor decided AP had cooked long enough and gave us orders to be at the hospital at 3pm.  So, instead of driving back to work, I called M and we met at home to pack the bags!

M picked up J at school and Momo came in town to stay at our house.

We had a good ol' time in the L&D room with Momo, Uncle Chris and Aunt Minsey.

We ate some chick-fil-a.


excuse how blinding the sheets look


Took our last pictures as a family of 3.


And tried to give J a heads up.


And then things started to pick up.


So, we watched the Auburn game (first SEC game- AU vs. Miss State- 17-14, War Eagle!).


I started to get a little distracted by the end.


Around 3am my favorite person at the time walked in- the anesthesiologist.


A few hours later, and a very proud Daddy was already wrapped around a very small finger and promising shopping trips.


"And J can just use his North Face jacket from last year, but, I'll get whatever new one you want..."




Not that I was any different.



The second we saw AP we knew she had J's little mouth.



And then I called to tell my parents (flying in the next day) and sister the name.  You see, the "A" in AP is after my dear, dear, sister. Lots of love. Lots of waterworks.



J was the first to meet his little sister.



She had some trains for him.




And just like that, we were a family of four.




Next, we had some visitors.


Momo and Popo.






Uncle Chris and Aunt Minsey





Grammie Sue and Grandpa Jay arrived on the scene the very next day.


More to follow on mother and baby floor and AP's first days.

Finally, I'll leave you with a picture of my favorite 3 on AP's birthday.


Happy Birthday, AP.  We are so excited you are finally here, and love you more than we can say.



10 comments:

  1. Sweet sweet post! Little J looks so happy to be a big brother :) AP is a beauty! I hope the adjustment to 2 is going well. Thinking about yall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. This is the best post ever. I'm so so happy for your sweet family! I love the looks on your faces when J is seeing her for the first time. I love the picture of J on the floor with Thomas, Percy & Toby :) So cute. AP is absolutely beautiful and you look great! I hope you guys are getting settled at home and can't wait to hear more on how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful, and you look wonderful too. And J looks spectacular as a big brother. What foresight AP had.. to arrive with trains for him.

    Thanks for the wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all look great as a family of four. Those of all of you are such great pictures! We're so happy to be here to celebrate the really special time with you, M, J and AP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great chronological order of events! God has blessed AP to be born into your now family of four!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the family of 4 picture is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh soooooo sweet pictures! Tell AP to get ready to meet Aunt Nelly this weekend. I can't wait!! I am so happy for y'all. What a bright and happy looking hospital room...Glad the sun was shining on y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, what a sweet post! AP is sush a sweetie. Praise the Lord for blessing your family! And that last picture of the other 3 is so sweet. Love and miss y'll so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww...great photos and wonderful little birth story. I just can believe that she's here! Time flies with these 2nd babies.

    Great to talk to you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete