Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Give a Man a Nail Gun...

and you'll have home improvements for life. Or something like that, I'm sure there must a similar proverb somewhere. As I mentioned the other day, M had a lot of time off over New Years. This time off corresponded perfectly with the new saw he received (miter?) for Christmas. I now find myself adding to the list of "things M could build".

Family trip to Lowes... and we're ready to go.

Keeping the Roosta entertained in between naps was a little challenging.  It wasn't for lack of trying.



M got to work on the crown molding in the dining room, kitchen and our bedroom.  His new nail gun and air compressor made the job go much quicker than the living room did- which he did entirely with hand tools. I told him he gets his carpenter badge for that one.


Dining Room...




Kitchen...






I also did the last coat on the bottom portion of the living room.  It had bugged M that the color was just off.  We took a paint chip into Lowes, and after 30 minutes M had convinced the paint guy that it was not true white like they said it was (which it was not). One new sales rep later, and we had our color. It matched! My heart could not have taken another coat in the living room.

We also did the moulding portions in semi-gloss which we neglected to do at first. See? Shiny.



Living room walls, done at last.


Moving on, our bedroom...


BEFORE






Oh my... let's move on quickly.

AFTER...


Still needs a few finishing touches, but who knows when (if ever) I'll get around to those (or making the bed again for that matter). So here it is, in all our reality. The bed has been slept in and everything.









Don't we look cute in that 3rd photo down?

We almost feel like grown ups.

Thanks, M. You're making our first home very cozy.

7 comments:

  1. It all looks beautiful! I can't believe you guys got all of that done so quickly! (I still have decorations to take down and stuff to unpack from Christmas.) You guys are amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I'm inspired. Being in the house so much puts me in a MAJOR decorating and materialistic mood. Thanks for feeding my fire. Love the wall color, curtains, and most of all the photo collage!!! I heart photo collages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks so beautiful!! The house just looks so warm and cozy and inviting. I know y'all will enjoy these changes so much. I especially love the J photos!! Precious! Black & whites rock. Now I need to make a trip to see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay!! Everything looks awesome! Hope your week has been great!

    so glad I found my email with wordpress username, password...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Dad and I get to see it next month! It looks wonderful. I'm amazed at how quickly you two work with little J buried under toys for, I know, about as long as it took you to snap the photo. Can't wait to see it all in person. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding crown molding really transforms a room, doesn't it? I love the chocolate brown and blue/gray colors! J is such a trouper. Hey... give us a call when you work on your next project. We'll be glad to play with J! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! I LOVE y'all's paint colors. So perfect for you two and looks so good with your touches. The pictures in the den are awesome! Wow, will you please come repaint our house and do some nail gunning? Seeing other people's home improvements usually makes me what to do/change something....thanks alot. Looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete