Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday This and That

Raise your hand if you like grilled cheese!



Please indulge me while I celebrate J's transition to table food...



Some of you parents out there might be thinking this is so not a big deal.  Those of you who do not have kids are probably thinking that this is less than blog worthy.  Me? I could have thrown a party. See, Roosta doesn't really care for food in the highchair. When I was 8 I could eat 6 tacos. Pretty sure J takes after M in this regard- he'd much rather be moving. Or moving. Or moving.  Sure, he'll eat a 4 day old cheerio off the floor while on the move, but a green bean on his tray doesn't stand a chance. Spoon feeding is also so October 2009.  Over it.

FINALLY something has caught his attention.



What are you...?



Now whistle.





J is also getting quite proficient with the sippy cup.  Again, I know this sounds trivial.  But you're not the one washing the bottles...



It's okay to only eat grilled cheese, right?

Independence is grand! Cheese is grand!



Thank you for getting excited about cheese with me.

What else has J-bird been up to the past week?

The other day we went to the park with our friend, Allie.



Allie is 2 1/2 months older than J, and is walking!



Yeah, there are swings, slides and tunnels... but, who can pass up eating leaves with a friend?



I am 98% sure this was not directed towards Allie.



The last this and that for Thursday...



Yesterday M and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary.  M had these beautiful flowers delivered to my office today (because it's 10x more exciting to have flowers delivered at work, not because he forgot).  Happy Anniversary, M!  Everything is more fun with you.
Forgive the picture quality, camera phone. Phone camera? I used the camera on my phone.

Hope you enjoyed our little this and that.  I plan to have pictures of J making laps around our house with his "lawn mower" soon.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! And yay for J! Table food is a HUGE deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy grilled cheese, J! Happy 4th anniversary M&L!!! Has it been that long? It seems like I was just putting on my green J. Crew bridesmaid dress on that beautiful 2005 November morning. Time flies. Go Mike with the pretty flowers. Love seeing your work space. ha ha.

    And to answer your question about the B&W photos on my blog. I took them on the B&W setting.

    TTYL

    ReplyDelete
  3. grilled cheese-- good idea!... we have trouble eating around here too, elijah would much rather be exploring than in his high chair, he HATES that thing! and he has no interest what so ever in holding his own cup, so that's really exciting for j... i do take comfort in my pediatrician's reassurances that no child between the ages of one and four who has adequate food offered has ever starved to death. there is just something in their wild little bodies that sustains them. somehow. but i believe it. my boy eats next to nothing and he is so fat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary M and Lindsay! I remember that November day too--- the day you were married...haven't' done too well with it since! Your flowers are beautiful.

    J just busts with personality...love the pics and so glad you've recorded him eating his first toasted cheese so grammi and poppa could see it too. We look forward to every new post. The first photo is now my laptop's background.

    Can't wait to see boy pushing "mower" next. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Ask M what he ate (the most) his Freshmen year in college. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! J is just too cute...love his new pictures!

    ReplyDelete