Thursday, November 5, 2009

Before and Almost After

I keep thinking we'll finish that last coat of paint and hang up pictures before I post the completion our living room project.  This morning I decided to be realistic- it could be a while, so I'll post what we've done so far.

M has referred to this project as "what happens when it's too cold to play golf".  Works for me!

DSC_2093

I'm sure you can imagine how fun it was to fend the Roosta off from all those new "toys"... He tolerated Sponge Bob for approximately 7 minutes before he rolled completely over in his bouncy seat (while strapped in).

DSC_2121

M is so precise.  I was constantly thankful that I was not measuring anything.

DSC_2098

This was the really time consuming part. M was so patient and meticulous.  I handed him things.

(Side note- I just learned about metering on my camera- and this picture is "metered" all wrong. More on that later.)

DSC_2116

Sweet progress...

DSC_2104-1

Somewhere in all the mess I realized that we receive 7 magazine subscriptions absolutely FREE (and legally). Don't purchase magazine subscriptions, people.

DSC_2106-1

Moving on...

And jumping forward a few steps... those steps where the project stops being fun... you match the wrong color of white and paint the lower portion of the wall 5 times... you realize why primer is important... the Home Depot staff knows you...

But this is all you need to see... M did an amazing job, just perfect.

The color is Behr's "Flint Smoke".  Later in the day, or at night, the gray shows up a lot more.

DSC_2537

DSC_2538-1

DSC_2539

Before.

DSC_2086

After. (well, almost... we'll get those pictures up on the wall someday. I would apologize for the mess, but I'm afraid this just isn't that messy if I'm honest.)

DSC_2530-1

Oh, and here's the other little table I painted black.

DSC_2535-1

Originally this table was in J's room, but since it matches the coffee table I decided to do it instead of the drawers.  I decided this when I realized that the top of the drawers was laminated wood and impervious to sandpaper.

roostas table

Still need to figure out a permanent solution for storing the DVD player on the lower shelf.  J could spot a wire from space.

DSC_2536

(And yes, we let J watch tv. It holds his attention for approximately 30 seconds. I have no concerns regarding his activity level. Not to mention that bug is made out of letters. How adorable.)

Happy Best Night of TV to You!

4 comments:

  1. The room looks awesome. I love that color! Great job.

    We have a ridiculous amount of magazine subscriptions too. It is so annoying.

    Love the little table too. Looks like something out of Pottery Barn.

    The little glimpses of Roosta throughout the pics are presh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge project to undertake with our mobile 9 month old...that's why God gives energy and ambition to the young! It all looks amazing (TV table too), and I love seeing J helping out! GREAT job guys. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks awesome! that crown molding had M's name written all over it....
    and love the color!
    question, does J ever wear clothes? ha, just kidding. babies in diapers brings tears to my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] kitchen and our bedroom.  His new nail gun and air compressor made the job go much quicker than the living room did- which he did entirely with hand tools. I told him he gets his carpenter badge for that [...]

    ReplyDelete