Monday, November 2, 2009

Curious J & What to do with all that Candy...

With Roosta being under the weather this week, not to mention having a 7:30 bedtime, we didn't do a whole lot for Halloween.  Trick-or-treat-or-not we did get some pictures last weekend before going to our church's fall festival. We were so worn out from our weekend in Auburn that we only stayed a few minutes. Crying monkeys are still cute- but probably not as much when its in front of the rest of the church.

DSC_2462

Momo and Popo came to see Curious J... thanks for the precious costume!

DSC_2453

M was supposed to be the 'Man in the Yellow Hat', which turned into the 'Man in the Yellow Shirt Only'

DSC_2479

On actual Halloween we left our porch light off.  Mainly because of the aforementioned bedtime and sickness- or maybe it was because M and I rented a movie and M brought home 3 bags of good candy and ice cream... one or the other.

Speaking of all that candy... We are still running quite a bit in preparation for the half marathon we are doing in a couple of weeks.  Running in our house equals a serious appetite.  Serious appetites yield some very rich desserts.  It's not enough to say, have a cookie. You need to cover that cookie in peanut butter, dip it in chocolate, crush it up in ice cream and eat with milk. Something like that.

Usually starts with the phrase, "you know what would be good..."

DSC_2500

and then if we chopped it all up...

DSC_2508

but not too much chopping, let each one retain it's unique identity...

DSC_2503

THEN we could pull out the ol' party pail...

DSC_2510

and go nuts.

DSC_2517

I imagine this concoction would cost around $25 at coldstone.

M's creation ended in a milkshake. I didn't take a pictures because it was just a big plastic cup. It may not be pictured, but it was good.

What else happened this weekend? The time change.  Babies don't know that the 6am is now 5am. Or that bedtime is now bottle time. It resulted in some very sweet unplanned naps.

Sleepy-monkey.

DSC_2499

DSC_2497

Lucky Daddy

DSC_2496

Hope you all had a great weekend, Happy November!

5 comments:

  1. Not sure what is cuter- a napping roosta or a monkey roosta!
    Can you believe I found a Mr. Nanners Dog toy? I am still proud of that one!
    Your dessert looks delicious. I do similar things with my ice-cream and candy. Torrent becomes utterly disgusted at me but I can't help him. He also gets mad when I refuse to share my sonic blasts with him. I'm sorry, but get your own! gah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love J's costume. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. His costume is adorable! Did you take his picture in it with his buddy Mr. Nanners? :)
    The ice cream and chocolate is killing me. I may have to run to Sonic in a little while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love J's monkey costume...he just looks great in anything! Sleeping monkey beaut...ahhhhh...You mean if I run miles a day I can eat all that gooood stuff??

    ReplyDelete
  5. cutest monkey ever. EVER.

    ReplyDelete