Wednesday, April 15, 2009

An Old Goody

dsc036571

This is possibly the simplest cookie in the cookie book, and I'm going to assume that you've all made these (or at least eaten these) at one time or another.  Familiarity aside, these cookies are flat out addictive and deserve a post because I've made them 2 times in the past week (first time because we had no eggs when I needed a dessert fix, second time because I told M to take them all to work and far from me... but then I changed my mind).  There are a thousand versions of this beautiful pairing of peanut butter and chocolate, so if nothing else maybe this post will inspire you to dust off your own favorite spin on it.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Goodness No Bake Drop Cookies (since they have so many names... I added the goodness part)

Ingredients

  • 2 cup sugar

  • 2 T butter (I go light on the butter, they really don't need it and then you can eat like 4 more)

  • 3 heaping T of cocoa

  • pinch of salt

  • 1/2 cup milk

  • 1 tea vanilla

  • 1/2 cup peanut butter

  • 3 cups quick oats


Method

  • Combine first 5 ingredients in a pot over med-high heat.  Bring to a low boil while stirring continuously.  Boil for about a minute, remove from heat

  • Mix together with peanut butter, vanilla and oats

  • Drop onto wax paper and let cool.  Store in the fridge and enjoy with a tall glass of milk.  Mmmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment