
Monday I started a campaign to ban all leopards from sleeping on our bed. Maggie tends not to obey the "stay on the brown blanket" rule, and likes to go in and out several times during the night through the door leading outside in our room. Jake always stays on the brown blanket and is quite content to sleep 12 hrs uninterrupted. So, after 48 hrs of the "new rule" we had a very dejected Jake and a very unaffected Maggie (it's unaffected not uneffected. I looked it up). Above is a very happy Jake after the abolition of the "guest bed only" rule.
I know some of you probably are thinking that a leopard shouldn't nap so close to a baby. I assure you it is never unsupervised, and honestly, we are confident that we could trust Jake to babysit before a lot of people and certainly before any other leopard. If J cries, Jake calmly looks over as if to say, "yes, I know, they don't feed me enough either", and rolls over. Pictured below is Jake's reassuring paw as proof.

He he. It's probably good for J's immunity to roll around with the cats. Maybe it will keep him from animal allergies later in life.
ReplyDeletei love it.
ReplyDelete