Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cookie Dash 5K

Saturday, M and I ran in a 5K co-sponsored by our church.  As the name implies, cookies were waiting at the finish line; although, water was much more appetizing considering we had just finished running and it was 8:30 am.  M finished in 24:22, and I ran it in 24:29.  ONE guy finished in-between us, 1 second before me.  I wanted to call out to him, explain that he needed to let me pass him, but I doubt he would have seen it the same way.  After much arm twisting (or they said yes before we finished asking), M's parents came up to babysit J, and then met us afterwords.  On the way, M and I realized it was the first time we'd been alone in the car together since J was born.  Kinda missed all the little squeaks from the backseat.  Soon you'll be running with us, J!

Family shot in our front yard before the Cookie Dash...

dsc03661

After dashin'...

dsc03668

J's friend, Aidan, was there too...

dsc03666

I think J did okay without us... Thank you Momo and PawPaw for coming so early to babysit!

dsc03663

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day...J doesn't look overly impressed xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] I woke up waaay early this Memorial Day to run the yearly 10K in our downtown.  After running the Cookie Dash 5K back in April we really started to see the appeal of running with hundreds of other people, so, [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] faster than me and has beat me in every race we’ve done this year, like the Cotton Row 10K or Cookie Dash 5K. So, how did I barely edge out my [...]

    ReplyDelete