J loves a mess. He'll make one just to clean it up. This day I put him straight to work.
{Size comparison. J is about 3 generic Windex bottles high}
While helping me get that dang histogram (I'm so hoping that's the right word) thing off my camera's playback M accidentally turned this picture "sepia".
It makes J look like he's tending a saloon in the 1800s. We had a good laugh.
You may have caught a little something in the background in those first photos...
the entertainment center is FINISHED! {media center? everything sounds 80s.}
M did a fantastic job. Built it from the earth. Well, from Home Depot anyways.
We had to do some rearranging.
Joey Tribbiani's words kept ringing through my head, "You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Well. At least we can now watch Fox and the Hound as Disney intended.
Suggestions for what to put in that corner are welcome and requested. A tall lamp would be nice, but is that odd by a TV?
We also have Bean issues. She plays by the outlet a lamp would use, so it'd be nice to keep it empty. {Pictures behind the TV will be moved. Someday.}
I'll leave you with the pasta we've been eating on all week. I adapted it from the back of a pasta box - target, I think.
Sicilian Pasta Salad
Ingredients
1 package tri-color spiral noodles
1 tomato, seeded and diced (totally forgot this- you should put it in)
1/2 cup diced mozzarella cheese (or, your child's string cheese)
1/4 lb. salami, cut into cubes
2 oz. sliced pepperoni (28-ish), cut in fourths
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 (2.25oz) can sliced black olives, drained
Dressing, recipe below
Directions
Cook pasta, rinse in cold water to chill; drain.
Combine all the ingredients with the pasta, toss with dressing
Chill before serving
Dressing - Vinaigrette {use a bottle, I just didn't have one}
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tea sugar
1 tea lemon juice
*whisk together*
Served our's over fresh spinach. Enjoy!

Oh what a handsome entertainment center. Also like the new arrangement a lot...you can look out the window now and watch TV at the same time! Now I know what to do with J when he visits again! Uh huh. Too cute...he's definitely a "helper."
ReplyDeletePS Why are they taking the seeds out of tomatoes now? Will wonders never cease.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to figure out how you rearranged things...Where is the fireplace? That will help me get oriented. Rearranging furniture is so fun. We can discuss this IN PERSON. Tomorrow!! J and the generic windex cleaning a saloon counter. I'm dying.
ReplyDeleteHa! Yes, J is tending his bar in his "Woody" cowboy pjs. Love it!
ReplyDeleteEntertainment center is awesome!!! Great work!
Hearty laugh with J tending bar in his Woody shirt. Love the media center. You two are talented!
ReplyDelete