Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

I simply must start by linking to the sermon our pastor, Jean Larroux, preached Easter morning. I promise it'll be worth your time!
Our Easter weekend was full. 
Kicked off Saturday with an egg hunt and picnic at one of our neighborhood parks...



Still not thrilled about the group picture. Although, an improvement from last year (please see 3rd picture down).



I love that a single starburst in the first egg is enough to sit down in the middle of the field.


Three cheers for peanut free holidays.

Easter morning we had our family living room hunt and little baskets with bubbles and peeps.
J's Easter bunny wisely put a mini oreo in his eggs.


After church Chris and ML had us and Momo & Popo over for lunch.
{Please excuse the editing on AP's monogram, but I think she means every bit of that face.}


Here's a good one of the little dress I made for Bean-nation. Please don't look too close..... that being said, I had a BLAST making it. Know who else made it? My Mom. From the other side of the country- thank you, Mom. Thank you, Iphone. 

I'm officially hooked on sewing. If you've ever posted an online tutorial for baby clothes, I probably tried it this weekend.



Typical.


After naps, Bean indulged me some Easter pictures. The Roosta did not. Again, excuse the monogram "fuzzing". I assure you that Laura did a great job on that part!




This one is getting framed somewhere. 


Hope your Easter weekend was wonderful, and full of the hope we have in Christ's resurrection.

7 comments:

  1. All of the photos are just great! Thanks for letting Linton and I share one of the days with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go to Jean Larroux's church??? He taught our Sunday School class when Matt and I were newly married. Matt was certainly a believer when we married, but it was under Jean's teaching that his heart was reformed (so to speak). So neat. Love that the first egg was such a delight. MT did the same thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all look great. Did you make J's cute shirt?
    I'm going to click over and listen to Jean's sermon now!!! Thanks for linking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, wonderful, awesome Easter post! Loved every bit of it, especially Roosta and Bean's faces and of course Bean's dress! These babies light up our days! xo (Taking time for Jean's sermon for sure.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the J picks up an egg and automatically opens it up...LG was doing the same thing while I am yelling "there are more eggs, don't worry about that one--go get more eggs!" Glad you all had a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your children are adorable! And I must tell you, I am a huge fan of Jean L!!! Can't wait to listen to his sermon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the photos! LOVE AP's dress! Great job! You are uber talented! I so want to learn to sew too. Someday, when I have the time...

    ReplyDelete