We arrived at my parent's late Sunday night, they were so sweet to have everything all set up for us and a big breakfast waiting for us in the morning. I think Bean slept okay.
| Before you hurl parenting advice at me- AP sleeps exclusively in her crib. However, if she wants to eat before 7am I let her snooze in the bed. Ok, moving on. |
Now, onto important matters... I've been holding off all season on talking about our superstitions surrounding J's jersey (pictured below). I guess I was superstitious about being superstitious. My mom got it for him when they were here for AP's birthday, and he has worn it every game, ever since. AND, when we took his undershirt off during the Georgia game, things turned around. It's gotta be on the skin. Naturally, he slept in it Monday night. Someday he can ball it up in his pocket as he walks to the game from FH, the jersey he wore during the 2010 National Championship season. Sniff....
Little Beanie baby had spirit, too. She was just a little worn out.
Which is why she looks like this in our Auburn family picture.
Monday the kids had a big time with my parents. Lots of walks and golf cart rides in the sun. Retirement rocks.
The morning after THE game, M and I drove back to spend the rest of the time with my parents. We chewed on stuff.
Played catch and trucks...
and took baths. Lots and lots of baths. J would live in the bath. I'm considering it, considering how much fun he has in there.
| Don't you just hate red eye? Again, didn't bring my nice camera. |
| All about lines right now |
Our last night we all met M's parents, Chris and Mary Lindsey at a steakhouse in Phoenix. It was delicious. I wish I had pictures of everyone, but you understand if you've ever gone to dinner with our children. We usually make a rule to not take them to restaurants that require a tip. Or shoes. I kid. Kinda. But, it was vacation!
| J all glassy eyed. Wouldn't it be great if glassy eyed was followed immediately by sleep? |
| I don't think we would have made it without Mike the monster. Mike got a good bath Wednesday night. |
Mom and Dad, THANK YOU for watching the kids and putting us up! We couldn't have gone without you, and it was so fun to see y'all twice in one month!

Even though I of course cheer for the other team, I'm so glad ya'll had a great time. And as someone who loves far away from her parents, I understand the twice in one month thing!
ReplyDeleteTwice in one month. Incredible. I know it was such a treat to see your family twice and even more of a treat for them to spend so much time with J and AP.
ReplyDeleteToo funny that you defended yourself about AP in your bed. We totally broke that rule our first night home from the hospital with Laurie. I am an avid 'no children in the bed' person but when we got home Wednesday night Stephen and I both were DIS-FUNCTIONALLY tired. When she wouldn't go back to sleep in her bassinet after the first feeding, where do you think she slept? Yep, right in the middle of her parents. She was in one of those little foam dividers. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience because we all got awesome sleep. I don't plan on making a habit out of it, but do plan on keeping her in the bed until I recover better from C/S. It's so nice not to get up and down a hundred times with post - op abs.
J is a little BOY. I love how he's really coming into himself. So handsome. AP is beautiful and how fun is that Auburn dress. I love girl clothes. Heck, you look great too, and so does M!
Loved every photo...especially the line up on the tub. J's a busy guy and so much fun. We, the grandparents were happy to do his every bidding! Well, then AP...what a dream she is. She makes us all feel really smart when she finally grants us one of those million dollar smiles. Yes, it was a very very special time for grammy and grampy. Thanks for coming! Sure wish the airplane ride was a little easier on you kids. See you in Feb.!!! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun coincidence the game was in AZ! Looks like a great time. I feel you on the jersey superstition, and I firmly believe J will be carrying that one around for the rest of his life. Great pictures!! Way to go in the airport -- impressive!
ReplyDeleteOmigosh! When did the kids get so big? Seriously, J looks so grown up in these pictures and AP is getting so big! That is so cute how he lined up the toys in the bath.
ReplyDelete