Sunday, January 16, 2011

Home Sweet (Messy) Home

We have been on the go for a while now, which is wonderful.  However, it is nice to settle back into the norm. (Whatever that is.)

Finally put the finishing touches on AP's room. I really love her room. 

Pillow my mom made to match her quilt. Little toy bucket that J likes to dump out...


Oval braided rug from Momo and Popo for Christmas...


B&W newborn pictures on wall opposite crib.  Little Bean-pie. Changing pad a la my friend, Leslie.  I think it was intended to be a travel one, but I liked it too much!


And, THIS is why I've never shown you J's big boy room.  No, this isn't a "messy" day.



Well, I feel better that's documented.

In other "home" happenings, Bean started school. She and J both go to the most adorable pre-school two mornings a week. It is seriously precious, and four hours isn't long enough for anxiety on either end. We all like our mornings out.

Here is Miss Bean all dolled up for her first day, January 4th. Please excuse the blur, I think her expression more than makes up for it.


This is the only picture J would take together. He's giving a kiss, not showing his cute booty.


Speaking of sibling matters, I've been seeing a lot of playing togetherness.

Catching their interactions makes me feel like a photographer sneaking up on two meerkats drinking water in Africa or something. The second they are aware of me, it's over. Forgive my spelling, meerkat isn't in the blogger dictionary.

J holds up her singing toys and makes them dance, or lays different toys in front of her. Bean is entranced. It's so sweet.

 


Here J is using his "truck cell phone" to take a picture. He says (and the "phone" says), "say cheese!" He holds it very close to his face because that's how our camera works.  


Little Beanie, getting all big. Grasping and all that. I'm loving that she and J are playing with all the same things, I have several identical pictures I'll have to compare someday. Some of you may remember Maurice.





The final piece of news from home is that Bean-town sucks her thumb.  Also, adorable.  In 2 years I may have a different word for it, but for now I'll leave you with this.


Bye, Grammie, Grandpa, Momo & Popo! I'm assuming only grandparents made it through that one!

8 comments:

  1. I made it through this post all the way with the grandparents!

    I so laughed at J's room. Totally identify.

    Bean and J are the SWEETEST playing together. I look forward to that!

    The gray in their bedrooms is beautiful in the sunlight. Great color choice.

    I'm going to call you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made it, too! I love the sibling love. You are skilled at capturing the meerkat interactions. I'm loving all of the possibilities of Bean's name....Beantown. That one really got me! Her room looks so great! And I'm glad to see Maurice is back in the picture. Love seeing them grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and the grandparents are still smiling BIG...so loved this and every post that features these fantastic littlies! J is so careful around AP...she does look at him adoringly, as do we! (at both of them) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nuh-uh! I'm loving every post you write about your sweet family and every picture of those beautiful babes of your's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love AP's first day of school photo. :) Just love how J mimics you and M with his "camera" and entertaining AP. That is so amazing to me. What a great big brother he is and a sweet little sis she is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just hopped over form Spoonful - and made it all the way through! :)

    Your children are adorable!!!

    I love the colors in their rooms! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! And J's room looks like every room in our child-less house on any given day of the week. And im not kidding. Ask Nell.
    So glad to see Maurice! Remember when you had all J's toys lined up and had a meeting with the animals?
    Does AP love Mr. Nanners, too?
    Potter still loves her nanners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! I love the pic of them laying side by side. Precious!

    ReplyDelete