Thursday, February 11, 2010

This Time Last Year...

I was getting an epidural.

I gotta admit, singing Happy Birthday is more fun.

Of course, seeing our little monkey for the first time was priceless...



I am getting super nostalgic and sentimental as I look back in pictures and memories of the last year.  Last year, J was a baby. Now he's a little boy. Walking. Using a sippy cup. Eating goldfish.



Here's a few of my favorites of when J was just a baby...

(I used restraint, there could be 100 pictures in the post. But, I suppose that's what the blog as a whole is for.)












Here is my half birthday flash back if you're interested.

Saturday we are doing a little family birthday party for J.  I'm attempting pulled pork, and publix is handling the cake. :) More on all that next week.

Tonight we'll do a cupcake practice run. It is his real birthday after all.  And one can never practice these things enough. I'll be sure to take pictures.

AND, tonight my parents are flying in! What a treat.

Happy Birthday, J! You are so precious to your Momma and Daddy, we love you more than we could possibly express.

8 comments:

  1. Why is it every time I see a photo of J I want to drop everything and come give him a BIG KISS? It's overwhelming, indefinable, unutterable love for the little guy! Happy Birthday, J. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to J!!! What a cute little monkey he is! I hope the practice cupcake is a success (How could it not be??).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet pictures! I hope you guys have a wonderful, blessed weekend! We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. I just love J. I don't know which picture I like best. He's so darn cute. Wish I could be there in person to celebrate such a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is where he's resting on his little hand while he's sleeping. I just love it!! Can't wait for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday J! And congrats Mommy on a fabulous job this past year :) I love the newborn pictures with his adorable hair. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! you included every single one of my fav pix of him!!!!! i cant believe roosta is 1! thanks for commenting on my blog, too! ill send you an email soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How blessed we are by our sweet loving family! Love every photo every time I see one of J, and am so thankful to be able to pull up this blog to see our precious grandson from home; BUT...we're HERE this weekend, and what a joy to see our little one-year-old on the move! He greeted us with that winning smile full of four toofies! Pure joy. Happy First Birthday J! Love, Grampie and Grammie xo

    ReplyDelete