Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hey, Haircut

This past Saturday J sat down with a bright penguin cape and got his first haircut. I've trimmed it a little before, but this was the real deal.

It was about time, the poor kid couldn't see.

(Please forgive that most of the photos are a bit over-exposed. Had to snap what I could get, not a lot of time for metering.)



We just did a walk-in at the Dillard's salon, but Liza did so well with J I think we'll go back...

My only instructions were, "little man haircut" and "no baby-mullet".  Liza knew exactly what I meant.  She actually said "no baby mullet" before I could- it's nice to be on the same page with people holding scissors.

Just pretend I'm not in this one, okay?



She checked and rechecked every angle, and even used those fancy scissors to blend his fine hair.  The Roosta was moving constantly, but was too interested to fuss.

Liza said most 1 year olds cry.  Naturally, I was busting with pride over all the adoration, and chose not to enlighten anyone about our recent "incident" at chick-fil-a.



Soon, Liza declared it, "good as it's gonna get", which was good enough for me.

All done!



"My mom is super glad you were so careful with the scissors"



J looking very dapper.

"Yes, quite sure I could easily pass for 2 1/2 now"



So, we survived.

With a little help from goldfish crackers.



Whatcha think? Handsome, yes?

(boo for this one being blurry)



The Roosta is having loads of fun being able to see.

In non-haircut related news, last night I felt like a human being! So, hopefully evening sickness is on the decline, and blogging (and if I must, cooking, cleaning, ironing, and the like...) is on the up!

5 comments:

  1. he looks so old but still like a lil roosta!!!!! love it! i cant believe how cute he is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the penguin cape especially. And Goldfish can solve so many problems. He looks so handsome! And I know you were thankful there were no tears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great cut! He's a handsome guy! So thankful you are feeling better! I'd love to hear about the Chick-fil-A incident! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He WAS busy watching what was going on between mom doing acrobatics taking photos, being submerged in penguins, and the clever beautician wieldling her fancy scissors...great haircut. He looks a lot like his daddy in the last photo. Yes, what about the Chick-fil-A incident? xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome little toddler! I can't believe how grown up they look once the hair is removed from the face.... Must see him soon!

    And so glad you're feeling better. Welcome to the land of the living!

    ReplyDelete