Monday, February 15, 2010

The Big "One"

Saturday was J's 1st birthday party!

At the last-minute, I decided to just go for the Curious George theme.  Make good use of the 10 million monkeys lying around our house.

Here's our little monkey rockin' his 1st birthday monkey outfit, waiting for his guests to arrive...



Roosta essentially went down for morning nap, and woke up to find his house monkey-fied.

Marveling at the banner...





Making sure everything is up to snuff...











Once our guests arrived, J showed off his walking skills...



Uncle Chris and Dad tried to make George fly...

(it was close)



George? Are you okay, George?



and then we ate a little bbq...

I'll have to document this process the next time I make this.  And there will be a next time- Paula Dean pulled pork and Neely's BBQ sauce- yum.




and cake...

Publix did a fabulous job by the way. I may never make a single birthday cake.



(Excuse the bad picasa editing blur, I'm sure you're used to it by now)



Smash cake

btw- if you order your child's 1st birthday cake from Publix they give you a free smash cake



It wasn't so fun at first...



then icing made things a little better...



but, pretty conservative when all was said and done.

Must be M's genes shining through.



Then down to business. PRESENTS!



Did you make it this far?

Super long post.

I hope you did.

We have a little surprise.

M and I saved this little present for last...



Due September 12th! (Sorry family, I told everyone 14th all day)

19 months apart, it's going to be wild!

Fun day... Family, thank you so much for celebrating with us! Big thank you to my parents for flying all the way here from AZ, it meant so much to have you here. Family that is too far away, we love you, hope to see you soon.

9 comments:

  1. Love the post! Love the fact that I'm going to be an aunt again! Love that we're going to be so close in just a few months! And so excited I can actually tell people now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to tell your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove it! Best bday surprise EVER! So excited for y'all. Happy bday J!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all went by too fast. I'm so glad we could be there! Missing you already. Sorry I frightened our birthday boy with squeals of delilght over a little blue T-shirt! It was such a FUN way to hear about our sixth grandbaby-to-be!
    We love you so much. Grammi and Grampi xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to the roosta on 1 and congrats to yall on the bday surprise! a teeny roosta is so exciting!!!! and on a side note, claire and i are way closer than 19 months and we would not have it any other way! if it's up to me when its my turn one day, that is exactly how ill do it! :) love yall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Big Bro!

    Cute cake.

    Publix rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the belated reply. As soon as I saw your post, I started on mine. :) It was a wonderful day with wonderful news! Roosta is an angel and such a trooper to endure a house full of relatives. My favorite photo is the one of him looking up at the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hooray for yall! we are days away from the two baby thing, mine will be 15 months apart... i'll let you know how it goes. unless it's dreadful, then you won't hear from me. but i think it will be fun. i love being close in age to my brothers, i'm glad my boys will have that too. siblings are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh - congratulations!!! What a fun way to tell! SO happy for you. This looks like a super-fun day, and what a great surprise to add to the fun. Happy belated birthday, J!!

    ReplyDelete