My parents (and more importantly), Grammy Sue and Grandpa Jay were a huge help
at the wedding, but they also came in handy while staying with us Sunday through Wednesday. I have to say, I got a bit spoiled with my live in nannies. I took leisurely runs, long showers and cooked all by myself (although, I did miss
my little helper). This is the first visit my parents have made since J was born. It was so fun to watch them watch J. The phone and photos are great, but they cannot do his little personality justice. Having my parents actually get to
know our little boy was wonderful. (And did I mention the long showers?) J took to Grammy and Grandpa immediately. That bottom lip came out in a hurry whenever J was set down, I think he's gotten pretty used to entertaining his public in the last month.


In midst of all the activity J became an official 5 month old


J is a people baby. I don't think we've ever seen him
not smile at someone (so, you can go ahead and feel bad if he doesn't smile at you), or show signs of being sleepy when people are around (well, until the happiness turns to mild hysteria). J uses his gobs of energy to stand up and roll (and roll and roll and roll). J is close to sitting up, but he really doesn't like to stop rolling or standing long enough to perfect his balance (I also have a theory that his hiney is too small to sit on). All other energies are devoted to willing himself forward. M and I need to get a baby proofing plan in effect soon for when this live wire goes mobile. The glass/iron coffee table and treadmill could pose a problem...
Oh I know you miss them. Great pictures J, especially the second one from the bottom. He's going to need a haircut soon!
ReplyDeletesuch sweet pictures! I know you (and they) wish y'all were closer.... J is getting so big, can't wait to see those rolls!
ReplyDeleteIt was a BLAST! Thank you J, M and L! xoxo
ReplyDelete