I use "in town" loosely. The wedding took place in the teeniest Southern dot on the map. I was informed that both of the stoplights in the town were currently out of commission. However, all the 4-way-stops and tractor equipment on the road meant that we were flooded with small town hospitality and delicious food. Mary Lindsey's parents had arranged for us all to stay in lovely homes and we were provided for at every turn. We also got to see Phil and Ashley's beautifully renovated home- even more gorgeous than her blog shows.
Chris and Mary Lindsey were both so relaxed and gracious throughout all the festivities. As M and I told them Friday night, it is truly a blessing to have them as not only our family, but our friends. Although, it was Mary Lindsey's Grandmother, Sugar, who said it best Friday night (paraphrased, I wish I could remember the exact wording): "Christ is the unseen listener in all your conversations. He is the invisible guest at all your meals". What a charge for a family to live by.
The Bride and Groom with J at the rehearsal dinner

M's Family

M and Chris

Our family

My parents and J (they had not seen J since he was born. Just try prying that baby out of my mom's hands!)

M and I with Nell and Joseph

FH guys

I didn't get any photos at the actual wedding (too many things to carry as always), so I've borrowed a few off facebook from Joshua Hollingsworth (I don't have official permission, so let me know if I need to remove them).
Cutting the cake... Mary Lindsey was a beautiful bride

First dance

Congratulations, Chris! Best wishes and welcome to the family, Mary Lindsey!

[...] a Comment My parents (and more importantly), Grammy Sue and Grandpa Jay were a huge help at the wedding, but they also came in handy while staying with us Sunday through Wednesday. I have to say I got [...]
ReplyDeleteIt all went by too fast. Love the photos!
ReplyDelete