Last night was the premier of The Biggest Loser on NBC. M and I sat on the couch and ate cookies n' cream while watching (I'm pregnant), but we really feel that Jake could stand to get involved this season. After all his short run last season was successful. I was a bit disappointed to find that joining "The Biggest Loser Club" involves your credit card, so, JakerBaker7 is not technically a registered member. Although, I imagine the gist is this: exercise and eat healthy. For Jake that translates: go outside when lady and mister people are not home, limited fiber treats only, and restricting oneself to eating "just the red ones" out of the food bowl (the other colors are not his favorite, so why waste the calories?). People could help efforts by taking up food in between meals to discourage snacking... although this may actually cause Maggie to starve, so we'll have to see.More to follow on Jake's first weigh in...

Meanwhile the "real" Biggest Loser started off with a firm tug on the heartstrings. I've mentioned before this show has reduced me to a sobbing mess repeating the refrain, "these people are changing their lives!", on more than one occasion. This season I can already tell that Grandpa, 'Big Jer', is going to inspire. In the first workout he passed out and was rushed to the hospital, but Jillian worked her magic and Jerry had lost 25 lbs at weigh in! The big twist of the night was that ALL couples falling below the yellow line had to send ONE half of their couple home with hopes of winning them back after a period of time. I have to admit, this seemed a bit harsh, but NBC must have a plan...

Jake's dietary plan may eventually shorten one of his 9 lives, but he doesn't appear overly concerned. I've never seen a cat that can relax as well as he does.
ReplyDelete