The whole time we were making moving arrangements all we heard about was Wegmans. "Wegmans is amazing... best grocery store on the planet... Oh, you'll love Wegmans! Wait till you see Wegmans..." and so on. It was quite fitting that we saw about 5 trucks as we were entering the city limits. And yes, it does rock that much. I could do a whole post on Wegmans. There is a whole aisle dedicated to rice dispencers. The beer section is the size of a CVS. They have bulk foods... Organic food... Prepared food... It's like Whole Foods meets Publix meets something else awesome. I actually had to take a break from going because I was so overwhelmed that I almost cried looking for walnuts.
Annnyways. We made it!!!
Pretty ride in. Real deal Christmas trees on the side of the road!
We drove straight to our new (rental) house and neighborhood, which we'd never been to. Very exciting, we love the area! Below is our street. {We stayed in a hotel for 3 nights until the moving truck arrived.}
We made the most of the hotel pool and breakfast until we could move in. And Bean-town cracked. us. up. Her personality has exploded. She is blowing kisses, pointing, cruising and saying, "bye bye, mama, dada, ba-ba (bottle) and ni-ni". No doubt a communicator.
We arrived Sunday, Monday was July 4th, M started his new job July 5th, and the moving truck arrived on the 6th. It was a whirlwind, but went so smoothly. I was a little (extremely) apprehensive about handing the kids and the moving truck without M. God was kind to me, it went great. Nothing unmanageable.
Our Toy Story 2 purchase that morning was a big part of our success.
| J's room |
The boxes piled up. I find this so stressful.
| Living and dining area, the door on the left leads to the kitchen, straight ahead is the garage. |
| Bean's room straight ahead, J's is on the left, our room is on the right at the end of the hall. Hall bath with the pocket door across from J's room. |
| Family room, off the kitchen. Sliding doors to backyard. |
| Kitchen, laundry space to the left. |
Do not fret. I'm going to find out ASAP how you too can achieve this kitchen look.
Seriously though, besides a few 80's mishaps (which I plan on embracing), the house is great. A quiet street, HUGE great room, and a kitchen window that looks out into a private backyard. Our old house, though dear it was, was missing those things.
Here's the backyard. AKA home for all the larger toys. {the landlord is having someone come out and fix the landscaping soon. It's just overgrown.}
| Backyard to the right |
| Backyard to the left. |
| Patio area |
| Garage is straight ahead, sliding doors to family room are to the right. |
I have updated pictures of the house unpacked and {mostly} settled that I'll post on soon!
Oh, and because I know how much grief we'll get in the winter- it was 75 degrees at 11:30 a.m. today. :)

75!! Heavenly! I love the tour of the house. It looks like y'all are settling in quite nicely. What a great backyard! And I love the vaulted ceilings. Who's not a fan of the 80's? For real, though. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen such a happy group of people in the midst of moving. How brave y'all are! Congrats on a successful trip! Can't wait to see the rest of your pics.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a wonderful home. The half moon window and skylight beaut, backyard rock work looks friendly...so nice looking even with boxes! Can't wait to see it and all of you! xo
ReplyDeleteLooks great! How wonderful that everything is going so smoothly and the kids seem to be doing great!
ReplyDeleteLove your house!! Even with the boxes it looks great! Excited to see updates as you make it your new home and I really like J's pool. Wish we were there to play with him :)
ReplyDeleteI want to come visit Wegman's {and you}! Sounds amazing. I too would be so overwhelmed at first.
ReplyDeleteThe house looks great! I love that BIG family room and the backyard looks AWESOME! Totally jealous of your 75 degree weather.
The Roosta and the Bean are Oh so CUTE! Glad things are going well.
I love the photo with the red barn and silo! What beautiful scenery you saw! I love the house! It looks so roomy and warm. 75 degrees at 11:30 a.m. is perfect weather!
ReplyDeleteLOVE seeing the house pictures! Everything looks great. Can't wait for your next update! You'll have to post video of AP talking :)
ReplyDelete