Once again, I'm behind on the good ol' blog. This time I have a great excuse. We found out for certain a week and a half ago that we are moving. And not just down the road. The abbreviated version of our emotions: we are so sad to leave family, friends and our wonderful church; we are excited to open ourselves up to a new area, people, and hopefully outstanding pizza.
Of course, all it really means for the blog is that we are moving from one vague area to another. This one is colder. That's all I'll say.
More on all that later...
On to trains!
Last week we went with our friends, Lauren and Allie, to the train depot. J had the best time.
We left soaking wet. I had to remove his shorts before we got in the car. I think that equals fun in little boy.
Trains, TRAINS, TRAINS!!!
And of course J loves playing with Allie. We will miss our sweet friends.
These two are so funny together. J climbs things while Allie expressions her emotions. Nothing really changes I suppose.
Then we rode on what I can only describe as a "zoo-like" train. J was psyched.
After Lauren and Allie left, and not 2 seconds after we both said the "mini-beach" was disgusting (it had just rained), J found himself a "James" in the sand and set up camp in a puddle. You really can't deny little boys puddles when you have no where to be.
So we stayed. And he ran. And ran.
I think I'll have this B&W one framed so I can see our city from our new home.
Bean did as Bean does.
J with a train. I find it adorable that J now wants his picture taken WITH things.
Shoes on the wrong feet. Whatever, it's a train.
That night we met Momo and Popo for Tiger Trek 2011. Trains and Aubie in one day?!
We anxiously awaited Aubie's appearance during the tiger walk. J was in awe. I think he was also pretty tired.
Once Aubie was spotted at a distance there was extreme excitement and frantic waving.
As Aubie got closer J's waving turned a bit more hesitant.
He didn't cry though. You have to admit an 7+ft overly animated tiger is a little overwhelming. This is the only picture I got thanks to having the wrong lens on. I was so focused on J's face I almost missed Aubie entirely. I did miss Chizik walking by. M touched his hand. M properly introduced J to Aubie a bit later, and he got a high-five after a little encouragement.
Later we had Chizik sign some photos of us at the game.
Seems everyone wanted a picture with that crystal football, so we opted for a distance shot to get home before the meltdowns began.
These 2 are more realistic.
J is pointing out Aubie (whom he had to constantly be facing). The moostash on M is just bonus.
Sorry Bean is giving her stink face. She's tired. Isn't her dress cute? My friend Libby made it for her daughter last year and passed it along to us.
Thanks, Momo & Popo! We had fun! Chris and ML, we missed y'all being there!

Great photos all the way through. Love the first one of J and the moostach one, the b & w one, the ones of Bean...where do you find the time? J bursts with personality. We so enjoyed seeing the train tour and everyone at the Tiger Walk. Love and miss xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteYay! The dress looks so cute on her! Looks like y'all had a fun time.
ReplyDeleteSuch awesome pictures...How do you manage to be such an expert photographer with 2 kiddos in tow? It's a mystery to me. So excited for y'all and this exciting change! Must talk very soon...So glad J loves Aubie. And Chiz.
ReplyDeleteomg adorable. GREAT pictures... love all of them! J is just precious, and Bean of course :) and also, your hair looks great.
ReplyDeleteexcited for y'all and the change, can't wait to hear more details!