"Baby S!"- that's "VBS" in J-speak.
I helped out this week, so J and AP were treated to what I am quite sure is the finest nursery in VBS history. Playtime, music, dancing, playground, crafts... the list goes on. The first day J came home asking for "piiizza" and "Allie". We got the Allie, and quickly figured out that "piiizza" was "panda". As in the VBS mascot of the week.
Every day I would sneak a peek of J in his room, observing the panda (covered with children) quietly from a distance. Every night he would talk about the "paaanda" (say it like you're on coffee talk) and M would encourage him to give the panda a "high-five". They would practice.
Today, at the very end of the last day of VBS, I took him with me to the "big kids" closing ceremony. Naturally, we were being a bit loud and had to leave. Wouldn't you know, that panda was all alone outside the sanctuary. J got to high-five, hug and play peek-a-boo with the panda. He was so proud. And since Bean was still in the nursery, I got to snap a picture with my iPhone.
I cannot help but think that God orchestrated the giant panda, in the last 5 minutes of VBS, to be at the exact place J was going to be with no older kids around. He knows just how important pandas are.
My children have made me much less cynical.
Sorry for the lack of posts. It's not for lack of material! Moving plans are in full swing. Goodbyes are awful, but the way things have come together, the timing of the smallest details, helps us trust that God is in control of panda meetings and our big move.
Before I sign off-- big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Grandpa Jay AND Momo! (whom J has started affectionately calling, "Janice") My Dad's birthday is today, and my mother-in-law's is tomorrow. We love you both so much, hope it's a great day!
Halloween Build-A-Bears!
3 years ago

We just finished Baby S here, too! Hence, my need for a lengthy afternoon nap today. God is in the details...including pandas. I know y'all are crazy busy. Praying for the move! Love you.
ReplyDeletelove it.
ReplyDeletebaby s...lol.
OK, this one made me teary. SO not ready for y'all to leave! But yes, God is working out all of the details and I'm excited to see what He has for you guys. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteIt made me teary too! Now when I see the acronym VBS I will think of what J calls it. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I keep forgetting that Jay's b'day is so close to mine. I need to log into my Hallmark account right now to set up a reminder :) I like that J calls me Janice. Makes me feel young. :)
ReplyDeleteBaby S - yes, yes, yes!!! :) Love that so much. He just has so much personality!
ReplyDeleteWe've just now seen these gorgeous pics...I love the one of J hugging the paaanda. Wonderful as always!
ReplyDelete