
Reception at Greystone, Auburn, AL.
2005 was a whirlwind.
Our first date was just 11 months prior to that November day, January 14th to be exact.

Spring 2005- Alpha Psi rodeo. I LOVED the shaggy hair. Little thing called "a real job" got in the way...
Our first real conversation was December 2004- the night before I left for the Christmas holidays. The night before M graduated. I would have said "yes" had he asked me to marry him that night. (Turned out, I didn't have to wait too much longer.)

Summer 2005- one of many trips to Rosemary Beach with friends
I worried the opportunity was lost over the break... but, come January, an out of the blue phone call for a Friday night date changed everything.

Honeymoon, Nov 2005
We spent every single day together from that January 14th date on. The first day we didn't see each other was in May when M rode home with his brother to Macon. To buy a ring, I would later find out.

Wedding shower in Macon, GA.
He was set to stay through the weekend... but, I drove to Macon and picked him up early. The next night, May 19th 2005, M asked me to be his wife on the front porch of his college house.

Five years later, and we have 2 kids! We often sit and reminisce about how we met. How God perfectly orchestrated the unlikely timing and circumstances. How He was so gracious and merciful to put us together. How thankful we are that we share the same world view.

1st year of marriage... our little duplex in Auburn.
M, you are my favorite. Your work ethic and devotion to our family still impresses me. Most of all, you love grace. It's how I knew I could marry you after 1 hour. For that, I will ever be thankful.

Rehearsal dinner... J Williams, Auburn, AL. November 17, 2005. Excuse the purple teeth... and the duct tape on M's finger. He sliced it open with a knife (trying to remove a pen top, if I remember correctly) at Amsterdam's having dinner with my parents. The photographer had a hard time getting her obligatory "ring" picture.
Our children will see how you treat me- I thank God that J has that model to follow, and that AP will know what to look for in a husband someday.

October 2010
The song below was the (instrumental) recessional at our wedding. My hope is that we are always keenly aware that our family is an undeserved mercy from God.
Thy Mercy, My God
Thy mercy my God is the theme of my song,
The joy of my heart, and the boast of my tongue.
Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last,
Hath won my affection and bound my soul fast.
Without Thy sweet mercy, I could not live here.
Sin would reduce me to utter despair,
But through Thy free goodness, my spirit's revived
And He that first made me still keeps me alive.
Thy mercy is more than a match for my heart,
Which wonders to feel its own hardness depart.
Dissolved by Thy goodness, I fall to the ground
And weep for the praise of the mercy I've found.
Great Father of mercies, Thy goodness I own
In the covenant love of Thy crucified Son.
All praise to the Spirit, Whose whisper divine
Seals mercy and pardon and righteousness mine.
All praise to the Spirit, Whose whisper divine
Seals mercy and pardon and righteousness mine.
©2001 Same Old Dress Music (ASCAP).
Happy Anniversary, M! I love you.

You guys are SO cute! I don't think I knew that you dated for such a short time before you were engaged! How fun. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeletebeautiful post!
ReplyDeleteit should be illegal to look as good as you did the day y'all got married. beautiful!
ReplyDelete*tear*
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 5 years and 2 beautiful children! Praise the Lord for His timing and blessings in our lives...you said it perfectly, undeserved mercy. May He continue to bless your family and your marriage! So thankful to be part of it! *hugs
I almost shed a tear! This is a really sweet post Lindsay! You and Mike are great and we're so happy we get to hang out with y'all! We learn a lot from you both :)
ReplyDeleteHAPPY 5 YEARS! How wonderful to look and see all that God has done! I love all the old pictures. I remember y'all's first little duplex so well - remember coming over for hot tea and pumpkin cream cheese cake shortly after you got back from you honeymoon.
ReplyDeleteA good man is hard to find and praise God that He gave one to you! Love the last picture of Mike and his cute kiddos.
What a beautiful post! What a blessing it is to see how God has truly moved in your lives. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDelete[...] I just have to brag on my husband about our anniversary one more [...]
ReplyDeletecongrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post! Congrats and happy belated anniversary. I love hearing how God has pulled people together!
ReplyDeleteMatt and I were married on a Friday. You guys are the only other people we know who had a Friday ceremony. :o)
RebeccaH
Thank you, Rebecca! I think y'all are the only other people we've heard of getting married on a Friday, too. Hope things are going well in Virginia!
ReplyDelete[...] is my one and only’s birthday! I recently was very mushy about M in my anniversary post, so today I’ll take a slightly different [...]
ReplyDelete