First, Dos is doing great, and is wearing me out. I seriously think she moves my organs around in her spare time. Probably a little budding decorator. I imagine she's thinking things like, "yes, that really opens up my living area". I am sure she would also have a definite opinion about her nursery... but until she can voice it I'm going to start on it.
I mentioned that when I was in Montgomery visiting SB we did a little "craft" for baby girl. It actually required no craft skills, but Sarah Barry really likes the word craft, so Dos and I went along with it. I had been brainstorming on what to put on her walls that would not be a major expense.
Had the idea to use a children's book...
You know the one about the 12 little girls in 2 straight lines?
The smallest one was Madeline...
The others bought her flowers when she had her appendix out...
and they always end their day, 12 little beds in 2 straight lines.
$7.99 for the book, $4 Wal-Mart frames, not bad!
These will go over her crib, and then I'd like to frame a few of the more colorful pages around the rest of the room. More pictures to follow once we actually start on J's big boy room and the nursery. I have been quoted saying, "even if we have a girl, I just don't think I'll care to change the nursery." That was a huge lie. However, I am trying to keep the changes simple and as few as possible.
So... as you can see lots of rearranging and adjusting (both literal, figurative and organs) already starting. But, all are very welcome. In line with adjusting, I did need to clear a few extraneous things off my plate. I had some form of some bug this week which in the end forced me to rest and prioritize. Yay for saying, "no". Yay for a Dad that takes over. Yay for Dad making dinner.
Have you ever had quesadillas with your sour cream?!
J has, he's a big fan.
What else do we love besides sour cream? Total stretch, but I'm trying to keep some flow with this random post.
We love J's "presents" he brings home from school. Roosta goes to a precious daycare/preschool 2 days a week. Every holiday we get a little "gift" from J.
It's usually a bad picture all around- photography skills, setting and J's expression. BUT, it's always guaranteed to make me smile, laugh, and usually cry.
Valentine's Day... This is our personal favorite. Looks like J was woken up from a nap and sat down in the 80s.
Easter...
Mother's Day...
and the end of year scrapbook, here are some highlights...
Don't think I didn't tear up the moment I saw this.
Ok, moving on.
This weekend we did quite a lot of playing outside. Throwing the soccer ball at the leopards, waving at runners, doing a little weeding. You know...
(Big boy busted his nose pushing a toy at school)
Phew! I feel caught up!
Hope you feel up to speed!




















Aww, good post. I feel like I am "up to speed" now.
ReplyDeleteSorry that you fell ill recently. That. is. not. fun.
I can't wait to see the "craft" we did on Barry Ann's wall. Lol. We are crafters. Remember when we painted that table for our dorm room?
Barry Ann....laughing now. I LOVE Madeline!!! One of my all-time favorites, and I love the idea for the nursery craft! That will be so precious. Tears over J's gifts and little busted nose. When did he become a big boy?? I must see him soon. Thanks for catchin me up!
ReplyDeleteOh I NEEDED this blog today. Good catching up. J looks so grown up. Love your Madeline theme...she's really cute. Sorry about J's boo boo..."it" happens. I can cope with my day now. xoxoxo
ReplyDeletehahahahahahaha, can't stop thinking about Barry Ann.
ReplyDeleteAlso, can't stop laughing at some of J's presents from school...that one from the 80's....you know there is one of you from Sunday School somewhere in your parent's memories :)
Also, love the Madeline theme! The craft is super cute. And I knew you'd end up changing the nursery, haha!
J is cute as always. Busted nose and all....
Miss you!
I've been viewing this entry for days and enjoying it so much! The Madeline theme is brilliant! You and SB are so clever! The photos of J are INDESCRIBABLE! I love them all! What a great preschool he attends. Wonderful memory makers!
ReplyDelete[...] the right are the Madeline pictures… the reason the nursery just had to be painted (thank you M and Chris! Post to follow… [...]
ReplyDelete