Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stephen Small's House

Last week M left for a business trip up North. All week. Oh my.  I know a lot of you are thinking I'm a huge baby because your husband does this all the time. Well, you are right. I am a huge baby when it comes to M leaving, especially now that we have a baby.  In the end, J was an angel all week. Seriously, long naps, no late afternoon meltdowns, smooth bedtimes. Angel.

On Thursday, J and I declared an early weekend and headed a little further South to visit Sarah Barry, Stephen and Stephen Small.

As I've mentioned before, SB and I have been friends since 7th grade and were college roommates 3 out of 4 years.  Seeing our babies steal sippy cups from one another is still mind-blowing.


Two toddlers together is funny.



As always, I wish I'd taken more pictures. This is the only (literally) "decent" bath picture I have... and, SB has one of the 4 of us on her camera.


I did photograph our big activity, a craft SB had planned for the boys.



We just let them go free on the porch...



We knew there was potential for things to get out of hand...


Although, we did underestimate just how quickly things could take a turn for the wild...



But I think they had some fun in those 3 minutes...





In between baths and finger paintings we ate. And ate. SB fixed her turkey burgers with honey mustard and sweet potato fries. Yum.


Oh, and we went to Wal-Mart. Voluntarily.  It was for a project for baby girl, more on that later...


Roosta and I arrived home Saturday morning in time to greet M home from his trip.


The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing. You know, loungin' around, snacking.



Thanks SB for such a fun time at your house!


8 comments:

  1. Lindsay, great pictures! I love the blurry backgrounds. What lense do you use??? T goes on travel alot, in fact he is gone all this week and I miss him like crazy too! You are not a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Paint...Y'all are so brave! And baby GIRL projects sound like such fun! Looks like a great weekend...Can't wait till June 4!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amanda! It's a Nikon 35mm f/1.8, I love it! No zoom, but great for indoor shots and lots of bokeh! Boo for T being out of town. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAWWWW...I miss y'all. Come back and see us puh-lease. Y'all are welcome anytime.

    Glad you and sweet J made it back home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My stomach hurts from laughing! Marvelous WONDERFUL! J ala paint will be my new wallpape for my pooter and will make me laugh every day! Oh they are SO CUTE together. I've been waiting for this post. Thanks L for being so diligent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those pictures are so sinkin' cute! i can see that picture being in their college dorm one day...
    glad it was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like everyone had a GREAT visit! Love the painting session. The photo of J in his chair reminds me of his Popo snacking on Cheesz-Its on the sofa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] mentioned that when I was in Montgomery visiting SB we did a little “craft” for baby girl. It actually required no craft skills, but Sarah [...]

    ReplyDelete