Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Bean's 1st Birthday Party


Let me tell you, this little girl knew this was her party.



She enjoyed every minute of the fanfare, which made it so fun for the rest of us! {I made her little skirt from this tutorial if you're interested.}


We tried, once again, to get a family picture. Here's the best, too bad the birthday girl is shooting the stink eye.


We decided to go ahead and get down to business by doing presents first. {M suggested it, but I think it was J's idea.}


She had the best time. Inspected every gift closely and then smiled approvingly.


Hugged each new friend straight out of the wrapping. {little elephant made by Grammie Sue.}



AP's reaction to her baby doll from us made my year. She wanted it out of the box NOW.




And kisses and hugs for the sweet rag doll my Mom made her



Little Bean just sat up in her new chair from Momo and Popo and ate up all the birthday attention. Speaking as her mother, it was adorable.




Thank you, Popo, for taking so many pictures so I could enjoy it!


It was wonderful to have both sets of Grandparents there- thank you for coming!



Then it was time for burgers...


AND CAKE!





J had a hard time waiting and had grabbed one before we finished singing Happy Birthday. 



I used this white cake recipe, store bought vanilla frosting with yellow food coloring, and "cookie" icing for the polka dots.

Sugar rushes followed, and AP gave us some sweet and sticky hugs. 


Girl knows how to party.


9 comments:

  1. Love it! AP is getting so big and she's adorable. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, AP!! What a fun little 1st bday! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Is that your backyard? It's so awesome! I love the cupcakes and all of the handmade gifts. So sweet. I love how she smiles with her eyes, too. Looks like a fun par-tay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! It looks like it was the perfect first birthday party. I love how she "loved" her new dolls. She is such a cutie, Owen would have never sat still that long. Love her chair too, and what an adorable outfit she wore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday little bean! She is so sweet with those dolls. It's amazing how much little girls love little baby dolls! And I am wishing I had one of those cup cakes right now. Looks delish! Give the kiddos a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Goodness, I could eat her up!! Love how she partied like it was her birthday...so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH what a sweet, sweet party!!! Precious Little Bean looked adorable, and loved the adorable pastels you decorated with! Miss y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was truly amazing how Bean knew it was her day! She sat in her new little chair like a tiny princess and we gathered around her like her adoring subjects. We laughed and laughed...great celebration! Love J's frosting face expression! Great forever memories for G-parents. Thanks y'all!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the photos! I have a caption for the 5th one from the bottom, "qu'ils mangent de la brioche" (Let them eat cake!) :) Great time!

    ReplyDelete