L: M, Please come home, I think I just broke my ankle. And can you please call the Y and let them know I won't make it?
M: Are you okay? Where's J? Can you walk? Stay on speaker... Wait...why were you going to spin?
*J gives Mama a hug and runs to the tree in the backyard. Turns around. Waves hesitantly.*
L: Umm... in the grass, in the backyard... NO J! NO!
M: What is happening??? Traffic is awful!
L: Did you take the interstate?
M: No, and now I'm stuck behind this stupid Camero!
*insert very calm and rational conversation about the pros and cons of taking the interstate home*
L: J, NOOO!
M: What is going on!?
L: He's under the house. But, barely. And he hates it.
*30 second pause on M's end while I drag myself to the side of the porch to coax J out*
J: picks up the phone and breathes loudly into it.
L: Prying the phone from J. Ok, we're fine. Be careful.
I fully intend to take a "bump" picture in baby girl's room armed with crutches and my boot. Then, when she is 16 and declares that I don't love her- I will show her that picture.
I won't say that it hasn't been painful and very inconvenient, but I will say we have been well taken care of. I am so thankful for all the help with J, meals, rides, playdates, errand-runners, and well-wishers. And of course for a husband who is more than happy to play with cars and fold laundry simultaneously when he gets home.
ROOSTA BREAK! Sorry- nothing but Iphone pictures this post!
J gets SO EXCITED when M or I go into the bathroom. He eagerly motions "please" and points to his toothbrush and Elmo apple-banana tooth cleanser. He must have them both.
He must do it himself.
And, he must carry them both around for a good hour.
Anyways... These are the little things I do see more of when I'm cannot busy myself with... anything. Perhaps it's a little extra QT for J and I before Dos gets here. And a good reminder to slow down and let people help. Bottom line, God has provided.
Which I need to remember remains true when the orthopedic schedules me to get off the crutches and out of the boot "4 weeks from now". Which happens to be 2 days before my due date. <insert slightly manic laughter> And then squeeze in PT appointments. God also has a sense of humor.
I never want to forget this expression!
So, friends and family, thank you for all your help and kind words! M, J and I feel so blessed. I did come in to work today, figured why not have M drop me off when he drops J off at school just 2 days a week? (oh yeah, no driving... right foot. I'm learning to not push my luck.)
I do promise pictures of baby girl's room soon... and, J's parent/teacher orientation at preschool tonight! I'm so excited, how precious is that?!
Oh- and 36 week doctor's appointment tomorrow!
I'll try to use at least some of my J's nap/couch time for blogging... :-D







For the record, I never said "Omgosh...".
ReplyDelete- M
Lindsay -- I am SO sorry about your ankle! I had one stress fracture and it was miserable, but J is great and the new one will be here before you know it.
ReplyDeleteAnd M should have said "OMG"!! (or at least something equally shocked but maybe less publishable in a family blog!)
Haha, I think he was more conserned that I was making him sound like a valley-girl! :)
ReplyDeleteSent from my iPhone
I'm so glad you posted this story. You will laugh at this one day! I can just see you trying to coax J out from under the house!!! Hope you continue to get better and better.
ReplyDeletePrecious J. Glad you are finding the humor in all of it...Can't wait to see the picture of you on crutches so I can have the full visual. Yes, that will surely come in handy if Dos ever questions your love. Loved the documentation of the conversation. I feel like I was there now.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! Much love to you!
Such a funny post, though I am still very sorry about your foot.
ReplyDeleteJ is hilarious.
And you must take a picture for Barry Ann to remind her that you do love her when she's 16.
You're handling your situation so well, Lindsay! You've got a wonderful friend network going on. I love the Target diapers on J and the fact that he loves to brush his teeth. I say kick the sippy cup to the curb and let him drink from a cup with a straw. :)
ReplyDelete