The following pictures come courtesy of "Big Jen". She brought her camera and snapped away so that I didn't have to- thanks!
Guests wrote down their guesses for Dos' name on the pink paper. Top guess? Madeline. Guess we'll just have to see...

The beautiful table with delicious food...

With the hostesses... Mary Lindsey, myself, Whitney & Suzie

and, one with the boot. :)

More friends...
Leah, myself, Amy, Holly & Whitney

Mary Lindsey, Suzie & Christy

Kristie is due a few weeks after me with her 2nd, a boy!

More preggers friends, Kelly and Katie. Kelly is due just days after me (hospital pals, perhaps??), and Katie is due in December. Both boys!
Btw- Katie is a local photographer, check out her stuff here.

Time for gifts... Mary Lindsey keeping track for me. (I really think I could benefit from someone taking notes for me more often.)

I probably said, "AWWW!" a gazillion times. GIRL STUFF IS SO CUTE! (Love you, J)

Please ignore what a terrible picture this is of me, and focus on the burp cloth. DOS!!! Haha, this was from Laura, sitting next to me on the couch in the picture. She had threatened to put Dos on everything if I didn't give out the initials. I guess we are both stubborn! I'm glad she did it though, it'll crack us up every time we use them. Laura also included fabric for the "real monogrammed burp cloths to come". She made and monogrammed the burp cloths herself, she actually has a little business so if you're in need of some personalization get in touch with Laura!

Sadly, my mom is over a thousand miles away and could not be in attendance. However, she was able to send the next best thing-- the quilt she made for baby girl!!!! It is just perfect and beautiful, I love it. (More to follow on the quilt in another post.)

This next gift is from my in-laws, I hope the ankle doctor clears me to use it sooner than later!! Thank you, both!

Thank you, thank you, everyone for celebrating baby girl! I'm so excited to break out all the pink. In fact, yesterday I got motivated (and am finally somewhat mobile enough to do so) and pretty much finished up the nursery. Still debating on a rug... but I'll probably go ahead and post on it with or without a rug this week or next.
My 38 week appointment is this Thursday, off boot and crutches 2 weeks from then, my parents fly in a day later, officially due on Sept 12th, and then I'll probably be induced either the 14th or 15th. Unless Dos wants to save me from being overdue... time will tell!

Such a nice party. Sorry to be so far away, but not for long! Well at least to welcome Baby Girl. Love yous...xo
ReplyDeleteLove the cute stuff and the cute sprinkle with your cute friends! I died laughing at the monogrammed "Dos"!
ReplyDeleteI also can't wait to see all the pink! As my sister once famously said in high school, "Everyone should just wear only pink all the time!" HAHAHA
I also commend your secret keeping skills on the name/ initials. I totally would have buckled under the pressure about 18 weeks ago!
Glad you are feeling better!
Lex
Omgosh I love the term "sprinkle." Hilarious. And yet so appropriate. A few comments --1.Your dress is so cute! 2. Love the gifts (esp. the Dos burpcloth). 3. I want to snuggle up with that awesome quilt. She will treasure that forever!! 4. Can't wait to hear the name and meet this little one!
ReplyDeleteVery cute maternity dress! - We all know those are hard to come by.
ReplyDeleteYour mom's quilt is beautiful. And that double stroller rocks!
Looked like a fun sprinkle! Dos is almost here!!!
So fun, you look great! Love the dress, the quilt is adorable, and that double stroller is awesome! Can't wait to see that adorable little pumpkin and know her REAL name, haha!
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the sweetest showers I've been to! It won't be long now - so excited for you! Can't wait to see who wins the name game... :)
ReplyDeleteThe hostesses truly outdid themselves with your "sprinkle." Everything couldn't have been more perfect! Susie has a lovely home. She should be a decorator. Oh yes...just a heads up...if the quilt ever comes up missing you'll know where to look first. :) It is simply gorgeous!
ReplyDelete