Thursday, June 10, 2010

I DO have something to show you...

Drum roll... After waaay too many emails and phone calls dedicated to fabrics (or, maybe it was just enough, I think we both enjoyed it!) my Mom and I have settled on baby girl's room projects.

Please ignore my very amateur college off picasa... what shouldn't be ignored is how long it took me to spell "amateur".


The 5 fabrics on the far left will make up the quilt, made by my talented Mom...  She is also going to make valances for the 2 windows out of the bird fabric. I LOVE the bird fabric. This is not the first one I picked out, but I was worried about the coloring on the other one, and I love this one even more. Love, love, love.


To the right are the Madeline pictures... the reason the nursery just had to be painted (thank you M and Chris! Post to follow... someday), the reason the bedding had to be changed to match the walls... and so on.


Below that are the crib sheet and crib skirt... yellow crib sheet TBD, and a discontinued PBK polka dot crib skirt I found on an eBay affiliate site... I decided that my Mom was MUCH better put to use making a quilt, something baby girl could have forever and not a year.  So, it made sense to buy the bedding and keep it VERY simple.  Well, it made sense for me. I am the person who took off the bumper week 1 because it made changing the sheets more difficult. Then, the bed skirt came off month 6 when we dropped the mattress (little monkey).  And, since it's my second, I know all too well how many fluids end up on that sheet.  I'm not knocking nice bedding, I'm just saying for me it was not the priority. I think this will look nice and blend nicely.


ALSO, did any of you pick up on the fact that I picked out all designer fabric, and if we had done the entire bedding set, blanket and valances that way it would be an arm and a leg??  I've never sewn a button, I just assumed "making it yourself" was so budget friendly. Apparently my math skills were lacking as well and I thought a "yard" was really a football field... ANYWAYS...


The quilt, valances and Madeline pictures will be the "cute".  Those of you who do not know me might be thinking I'm stopping short.  Those of you who do know me are applauding because this is hands down the most coordinating/decorating I've ever done in my life.  All of you are now scared to see my kitchen.


Thanks for caring!

6 comments:

  1. What a GREAT idea to have your mom make the quilt! Dos will absolutely love having that her whole life! The colors are great. The fabrics are great. I just can't wait to see the whole project! You collage was impressive, as was your spelling of amateur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics, Lindsay! Your very SMART mom will enjoy working with them. A quilt is a perfect idea. Your and SB's idea for the Madeline prints are pure genius. The paint color is very sophisticated! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the changes in fabrics! Can't wait to see it all together. Also can't wait to know Dos's name :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooo cute Lindsay! those fabrics are perfect and love the whole vision for the room. Dos will for sure appreciate your mom's quilt for much longer than just a regular blanket :) so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices! Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved getting to have a part in the planning. Can't wait to get started!! Hugs to all. Grammy

    ReplyDelete