Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bed Bath & Beyond the Call of Duty

Thanks to one of my best friends and former college roommate, Leslie, I now have a new set of cookware!  While together for our girl's weekend in Memphis I mentioned that my non-stick cookware that we received for our wedding was in horrible shape.  Leslie, always the bargain shopping diva, suggested that I go to Bed Bath & Beyond and return it. WHAT? It's almost 5 years old, is warped, pealing, and has some questionable coating of grease.  Try it she said.  Days later Leslie left me a voicemail she had just returned all her cookware! Off to BB&B we went.

I wish I had a picture of us walking to customer service.  A laundry basket (with duct tape holding the handle together) full of nasty pots and pans (washed, but still, bad shape. I'm telling you, not impressed with this non-stick thing), a toddler, and a pregnant lady.  I explained that I had registered at BB&B, yada yada, and that while I was not perfect, I did believe I had taken reasonably good care of my cookware and it was falling apart.  WITHOUT A SINGLE QUESTION they took back FIVE pots and pans (the only one that could not be returned was a bonus piece, no complaints there!).  With $316 credit I went over to the NEW shiny pots and pans to pick out a STAINLESS set.

Naturally, because it's BB&B, they were running a deal- spend $300 and get a $50 gift card.  Spend $400 and get a free dutch oven, spoon and towel.  Low and behold, the set I find is $399.99. Perfect. After tax I spent $66... and came home with this...


Please disregard everything about the rest of the (messy) kitchen.


3 saucepans and lids, 3 frying pans, a saute pan (deeper frying pan with a handle?), stock pot, and the free dutch oven.


Unbelievable! Christmas morning.




I am still so giddy.  Can't wait to cook something.


What else is going on besides loving BB&B?? Well, today was the last day of VBS.  I was co-coordinator of the volunteer snack room.  So, if you need some lemonade mixed, I'm your gal. I'm also very good at evaluating baked goods. J had a great time going to various nursery activities: the rec room, music and crafts.  I think by today he was wiped out.  If you remember last year he brought home some precious crafts.  This year was no different... my friend Amanda was in charge of nursery crafts & music and did an amazing job.  I am planning on framing them for his room, so a post to follow on that.  Till then, here he is (on the duck) with his "class".



Alright, off to clean the bathrooms. Yay.


Another busy week ahead, hope to be back soon!


AND, last but certainly not least--- Happy Birthday to my Dad for yesterday, and to my mother-in-law for today!!! Love you both!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing that you can take cookware back after 5 years!!! I would have never thought of it. Of course I don't cook enough to really ruin my cookware...hehe. Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I don't know. I don't know if we'll have enough time." ... Wow!!! Leslie is a genius! And VBS nursery crafts have to be the cutest. It's like they want them to be a "part" of the VBS even though they're so little! Precious...looking forward to seeing some crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is what I call GREAT customer service! When you pay that much for cookware you do expect it to last longer than five years. Good for BB&B for honoring that and good for you! Leslie is brilliant!
    I love VBS! What a great ministry!
    Thanks for the B'day wishes (and the reminder for your dad.) ;) Email me with your mom's date....please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW! I'm so happy for you about the cookware...Have fun girl. Looks like the VBS that Riley went to used the same materials as Joseph's. He made the exact same little frame. AWWW that's so fun. Hugs xo Mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my....that's better than Christmas morning! Yeah for BB&B. You will love the stainless steal. It will last you a lifetime.

    I love that J got to sit on the duck for his picture.

    Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete